Chapter Sixteen

"Then she tells me that she thought that I was going to mark her, even though she's not my other half," Christopher Jones, a man that Alexander considered to be his other best friend, said.

At the age of 42, which was still considered young by most paranormals, he was living in the present and enjoying his youth. With his blue-grey eyes and jet black hair, the Aussie was a heartthrob of many girls who wanted him for their own.

But that was not Alexander's concern tonight.

His attention was on the beautiful brown-haired female he had been staring at for the past few hours that the alpha ball had been going on. She had lightly done makeup that would not be noticeable to anyone who didn't know her properly. Her hair that seemed fuller those days was in a ponytail. The way the waiter suit she was wearing highlighted the curves he had gotten used to seeing in the past few weeks...

Gosh, she was beautiful.

"She's hot. You gonna ask her out or are you already banging her?"

It took Alexander a few seconds to register that his friend has spoken.

“Huh?”

"If you're not, you wouldn't mind if I get her number," Stupid Christopher kept talking.

Chris was occasionally annoying, sometimes riling him up more than James or Will ever could. Their banters often ended in playful fights or Alex kicking him out of his room.

Now, Alex wanted to rip his head off.

Control yourself, Alex. He wouldn't hit on her if he knows she's yours.

Just when Alex was calming down, Chris turned to look at Camila. Sensing their gaze immediately, she met it with a blank stare. If Chris tried to hit on her, he would...

And the soon-to-be-dead Australian man winked at his mate. His Mila.

Before the first punch could land, a tray appeared between the old friends with His Mila not too far behind.

"Champagne, gentlemen," she said slowly with a bow for formalities.

Her voice washed over him, his anger dissipating immediately. He could listen to her speak all day long.

"Oh, thanks. We needed a refill," Chris said with a flirty smile.

Alex didn't bother getting mad.

Camila wasn't even looking at Chris as she held the tray in his direction. When she turned to him, he was sure a little life seeped into her eyes.

"Champagne, Your Highness?"

She picked up the glass and handed it to him, brushing the tips of their fingers together. The spark that sizzled from the contact coursed throughout his body and elicited a smile.

"Thank you, Mila," the prince said softly.

She bowed and was about to leave when Chris spoke again, "So your name is Mila?"

"Camila," she said and walked away leaving the black-haired boy with a frown.

Alexander made all effort to avoid his friend's questioning gaze.

"You called her Mila," Chris stated.

Alex took a sip of his drink, allowing her scent that lingered on the cup to waft through his nostrils. "And?"

"Did you see the look on her face when I said it?"

Alex loved the look on her face. It was plain irritation, borderline on disgust that his name for her should come out of the mouth of another.