Chapter Thirteen

“9:00am,” Bruce Alikay said then frowned again. “What was that?”

Camila sprung into action.

“Decebel, get Freda on the phone. She is to bring the largest map of the world available and the supplies bag that I keep with her. Before that, get someone to ask all the prisoners for the time and their pack locations,” Camila said.

“Yes, Camila.” Decebel began to call for his second in command, Carlos.

“Your Majesties, may we step into the interrogation room,” she said and moved into the room, not looking to see if they followed her.

They sat down silent for a few seconds before Prince Alexander blurted out, “So, what's happening?”

Camila began to explain. “The curse user was waiting for them just outside the border to renew the puppet spell at midnight."

Prince William tried to say something but she interrupted. "No need to chase her now. She would leave as soon as the plan fails."

He closed his mouth allowing her to continue. "From there, they would travel to another location or different locations to disperse the princess' scent before going home. Bruce would appear at his home in France at 9:00am, four hours from now. Now we need to find out all the areas within a four hour range that they could go.”

“Why not go straight home?” Prince William asked.

“They kidnapped a royal. The curse user who has not fully mastered her powers is at a disadvantage alone. She finds her strength in numbers,” Camila answered.

The king scowled. “She planned to use my subjects as human shields.”

“Yes, your Majesty.”

“Couldn't they have gone with a plane? They'd cover more ground.”

Camila shook her head. “Too loud. They would be asking to be caught.”

“What of a literal disappearing act? They disappear here and appear somewhere, stay there four hours then appear at their homes. They wouldn't be trackable,” Prince William said.

“What is wrong with you, William?”
His brother asked. Prince William put his hands up in surrender.

“Magic takes as much as it gives,” the queen said, “Teleporting one to three people twice within a few hours may be alright. Twelve at the same time would definitely cause some damage. She would not be able to do the second one. If their plan had succeeded, she would have gone into a coma for a few days at least.”

“You really covered all the bases. Eh, Camila?” Prince William grinned at her.

His brother's eyes narrowed. “Look at her like that again and I'll lock you up for treason.”

Camila's eyes flicked to her mate. Sensing her gaze, he turned to her with a large smile.

Prince William groaned. “Get a room.”

Without hesitating, her mate flew out of his chair towards his brother. Prince William shrieked and ran behind his mother.

“Still using the dirty trick, William?”
Prince Alexander said. Prince William stuck out his tongue in response.

Prince Alexander sighed. “It's only because I'm not the favorite child.”
His parents began to protest that they didn't have favorites.

“No, it's alright. You don't have to do that. I'm someone else's favorite,” he said before pulling a chair to Camila's side and sitting there.

Camila, still standing, sunk her fingers into his hair. He sighed and closed his eyes. His parents stared at him with loving smiles. His brother, on the other hand, was pretending to gag.