Chapter seven

Sorry for the wait. I've been a little busy. It's a short chapter but here's chapter seven. Enjoy!!! 

.//. 

She stood in the throne room facing the King and Queen for punishment.

She looked at Prince Alexander standing to his father's left, emotion shining in his eyes lined with dark circles.

She began to feel upset with herself again. He had told her that he could not sleep properly anymore.

She knew the reason. 

He needed his mate by his side.

She looked at the monarchs who returned her gaze confused as to why their seemingly non-emotional knowledge keeper was charged with disrupting the city.

How did she get here?

Well, it all began when she foolishly allowed Evangeline into her classes.

18 days ago

"...but I saw these shoes at the store owned by Ma Tessa. They were prettier than the ones at the mall but I would not be caught dead shopping from that old lady. What do you think, Alex?" Eva said, trying to reach across the table to the prince.

Camila had separated them but that did nothing to hinder her sister's determination.

"Shut up, Eva," the prince said, not looking up from his book.

Eva looked taken aback for a second before she smiled coyly.

"We'll talk about it later then."

Camila rubbed her bare feet on the prince's under the wooden table.  Their feet had been together anytime they were sitting for the past few days.

The steady sparks calmed her.

A small smile played on his lips. 

10 days ago

"You know, I heard of this party that the future heirs of their respective packs and kingdoms are hosting. We should go, excluding Camila, of course..."

"No," the prince said, the same time, future Beta James said, "Shut up."

Eva huffed and then looked at the book open in front of her before turning to James.

"Can you at least tell me what you are reading then, Alex?"

"The effect of Western human civilization on shifters," he replied monotonously.

"Really? Can you teach me?" She said leaning across the table.

Liar. Eva was a straight-A student in high school.

As her chair moved backward, Camila kicked it and Eva slumped in it forcefully. James snorted and buried his head deeper in the book as Eva glared at him.

"Watch it," she spat at Camila.

"Sorry. My foot slipped," Camila said in obvious sarcasm. Now, the prince snorted.

Nice one, Mila, he said in mind link.

4 days ago

"Aren't we there yet?" Eva whined.

"If we were, we would not still be walking now, would we?" James sighed.

Eva ignored him.

"Alexxxx, can you carry me?" she continued, leaning closer to the prince.