Chapter Eleven

Important author's note at the ending.
.//.

A half-hour before Princess Adelaide was due to meet Taylor, Camila walked into the royal family's tea room through a hidden side door.

At the click of her knee-length five-inch stiletto boots, five pairs of eyes turned to her. As she expected, the crown prince's mouth dropped.

His younger brother whistled, "Dang, Camila. I didn't know you could pull off that look."

Camila glanced briefly at the outfit Freda had picked out and nodded. She was in a fully black ensemble halter neck with a fitted skirt that stopped mid-thigh. Freda had gone as far as straightening her brown curly hair and dyeing it tips black after doing her make-up. Camila knew she looked good.

At the young prince's statement, her mate's eyes began to bleed into a deep green.

His parents noticed immediately and turned to their twin children.

"Will, why don't you help Adelaide cool off? She looks a bit nervous," the Queen said.

"I'm f-fine," the princess started before her voice cracked.

"Come on, sis," her twin glanced at Camila before steering his sister out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, the prince was before her in a flash. He hugged her close to him before getting a deep whiff of her scent.

"At ease", she whispered to him.

I'm yours, she wanted to continue but the words didn't leave her tongue.

When his shoulders relaxed, he looked up and smiled at her.

"You look stunning."

"Tell me something I don't know," she replied, flipping a few stray hair strands behind her shoulder.

His eyebrows shot up, "Is it just me or you're getting bolder these days."

"You bring out the best in me."

"If that is what you mean," his eyes stared at her face before raking down her, "I would rather only I get to see the best in you."

"So selfish," she said before bringing his lips to join hers.

They finally pulled apart because of the queen's intermittent giggling.

"Seriously, mom?" he groaned.

"I'm sorry. It's just being a while since I saw young ones in love," she sniffed.

"Well, don't get used to it. When this initial heat dies, we won't do anything in front of you," the prince said with narrowed eyes.

His father gave an undignified snort into his cup. They turned to him.

As he set his cup down, he snorted again.

"Father?"

"Who said the heat was going to die down?" the King asked.

"It won't?" Camila and Prince Alexander asked in unison.

Camila couldn't imagine this feeling to jump the Prince whenever she saw him would remain forever.

"If anything, it's going to get worse," the King smirked.

"Then how come I don't see you two doing stuff most of the time?" the prince said.

"How often do you see us?" the queen smirked.

The prince thought for a few seconds before muttering, "Fair point."

He faced her and kissed her briefly before moving to her neck.