Chapter six

I have a love for the Step Up franchise. Do you?

.//.

Another pen snapped in half.

The prince and his beta turned to Camila.

She ignored their gazes and discarded the destroyed pen. After all, it was just one of the thirty-nine she had broken in the past four days.

Anyone could guess the source of her irritation: the mouthy little attention seeker beside her mate who did not know how to keep her sugary words and claws to herself.

"Oh, Alex, you're so smart. I wonder what else you're good at," Eva batted her eyelashes at the prince.

He mumbled incoherently, clearly uncomfortable with her proximity.

Eva pressed closer to him, pointing to the book open before him. He tried to move but to no avail.

"What does this say? I do not understand it," she said, touching his bicep.

The hand of Camila's chair broke off. That was the fifth one this week.

"You seem to be breaking a lot of things these past few days," James remarked with a frown.

"It's the change in environment," Camila stood up.

"Where are you going?" the prince asked panicked.

"To get a chair," she said, kicking her broken chair to the side.

"I'll come with you," he said, throwing Eva's hands off him in a rush and bolting after her before her sister could protest.

They walked quickly and silently with Camila fuming at her inability to throw Eva out without raising suspicion.

Camila opened the second compartment of the archives, wanting privacy to yell out her frustration.

As soon as the doors shut, she turned to the prince with murder in her eyes and the ferocity of a riled beast. He began to back up as she advanced.

"Why are you letting her touch you?" she said, her voice gruff.

Was this the beast she had been hoping to find all these years?

"I-I...I d-didn't...did...," the prince stuttered.

"Do you not realize that whenever she touches you, I want to rip her into little pieces and scatter her parts across the Mediterranean," she said, still moving forward.

Yes, this was definitely her wolf.

For every step back he took, she took two forward.

Soon, she had him backed up against the door and although she was much shorter than him, she knew she was in control of the situation.

"Do you not realize that no matter what the human says, you belong to me and only my mark shall be on your skin," she continued, trailing her finger across his jaw, slowly.

She pulled his head down to her height and whispered in his ear, "Do you not realize that I am willing to burn the world to keep you with me."

She grazed her canines across his neck and he shivered, tightening his grip on her waist.

"Y-You're her w-wolf," he stuttered out. She hummed in approval at being identified.

"I like the effect I have on you. It satiates me a little, seeing my mate respond accordingly under my touch. Although I sniff that woman on you, I no longer feel the need to dismember her," she said, her breath fanning his neck. She took a deep breath in, inhaling the sweet aroma rolling off of him in waves.