Chapter Fifteen

When Camila woke up that morning, she did not predict that she would be at the Alpha ball in a waiter's uniform having an Alpha's daughter yell at her for not giving her any alcohol, although Camila was sure that she was not a day older than seventeen.

"Do you not know how to do your job? If I tell my father what you did, you are so gonna get fired," The girl said.

Camila bowed for the fourth time in the last fifteen minutes. "I apologize, miss."

"How am I supposed to get drunk enough to approach the prince if you mess up my order?"

Camila's sense of responsibility for the younger female flew out of the room. Despite this, she could feel no anger or disgust due to the prince's distance from her.

Camila and the prince had done experiments. She discovered that she reverted to her older emotionless self when the prince was more than forty feet away from her.

"How much alcohol would you like, Miss?" Camila asked.

The girl smirked like she had won the lottery. "Enough to destabilize me within the next two hours."

Camila excused herself to go to the bar. When the bartender saw her, he smiled.

"What's the order now, Camila?" Miles asked.

"I would prefer to make this one myself," Camila said. Miles' crimson eyes widened before he let her behind the counter.

"Seriously? I've never seen you make anything."

He peered over her shoulder monitoring her actions. She quickly mixed mango juice and lime after calculating the adequate percentages. Miles made a sound of approval beside her.

When she reached for a bottle of Lisandra's Spirit, Miles darted forward to stop her.

"Hold on a minute, girlie. I hope the person who will be drinking this is at least five hundred years old," Miles said.

"No, she's sixteen," Camila said.

"Sixteen? One shot of this could put her in a coma," Miles exclaimed, worried.

"I am aware of that medical detail. I wish to give her two drops."

"Camila, she won't be able to walk for three hours at least," Miles said, trying to pry the bottle from Camila's steady hands.

"She asked for enough alcohol to destabilize her within two hours," Camila said.

"Were those her exact words?" Miles raised an eyebrow and Camila nodded.

He sighed. "I'll go talk to her. Where is she?"

Camila pointed to the girl who was sitting at the head of a table on the west side of the room, talking to a group of people.

Miles nodded and not up to five minutes later, he returned fuming.

"Do it. You have my permission," he gritted out.

Camila nodded and, into a sixteen-year-old girl's drink, put two drops of the strongest liquor in Sueret that has been known to get vampires, the paranormals with the fastest metabolism, drunk within hours.

Returning to the girl's table, she placed the drink before her. "Your drink, miss."

"About time. I hope there is enough alcohol in this," the girl said, swirling the drink in the cup.

"Enough to destabilize you within two hours," Camila responded and walked away, not waiting to be dismissed.

Alpha Charles, one of the Alphas under observation, was moving to the patio and Camila needed to be near him. As she crossed the door exactly twenty-two seconds later, the girl dropped unconscious.