chapter 45 - zoa

"We want you and Zoa to be a couple

"We want you and Zoa to be a couple."

Jungwon's eyes widened as he heard the words come out of their managers mouth. "What??" He asked in total confusion. "The fans think you're still in love with Hyerin. It's been a year, Jungwon. It's not a good image for the group. But if you get with Zoa, everyone will forget about Hyerin."

"No way. I won't let anyone forget about her." Jungwon got defensive, poking his inner cheek with his tongue. "It doesn't have to be a real relationship. Just do it for the media." The manager insisted.

Jungwon sighed heavily. He was lost and dumbfounded. Of course he didn't want to do this, but what choice did he have?

A few days later, a statement came out.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

HYBE :
Hello, this is Hybe labels. We would like to confirm the relationship of Jungwon and Zoa. They have been together for a while, and are very happy together. They have amazing chemistry and get along well. Please respect their decision. Thank you.

 Thank you

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Jungwon eventually agreed, but on his terms. He wouldn't treat her like his real girlfriend at all. Basically, it was all for show. Off camera, they were nothing like a real couple. They would go on dates and let the paparazzi take a few photos of them.

As soon as there were no cameras around, they were like total strangers. Zoa was fully aware that this was all for show, but she couldn't help but feel like she had something for him. The fake "I love you's" the fake hand holdings. When he would wrap his arms around her shoulder or gives her his jacket.

Maybe she wanted it to be real.

Maybe she had caught feelings for Jungwon.

As for Jungwon, he didn't feel anything for Zoa at all. He did what he had to do, he was just doing his job. He wouldn't try to talk to her and get to know her on a personal level at all. He wasn't over Hyerin, and he doubted he would get over her anytime soon.

Even though it's been a year, Jungwon's heart still longed for Hyerin. He never tried to move on from her, and he didn't have any intention to.

The only girl he ever cared about and will ever care about is Hyerin.

"Where are you going?" Heeseung asked the younger. "Off to give the media what they want." Jungwon replied. "Another date with Zoa?" "Fake date."

Jungwon met up with Zoa shortly after and their acting began. They intertwined their fingers and walked along the beach. "Jungwon." Zoa suddenly spoke.

"What?" Jungwon replied as they continued walking hand in hand. "I have something to tell you." She nervously said. "What is it?" Jungwon asked, looking straight ahead. He didn't look in her direction once.

"I like you."

Jungwon wasn't sure if she was bluffing or not. He stopped in his tracks and looked at her. "Is this part of the act?" He whispered. Zoa shook her head, and Jungwon was speechless.

"I like you, Jungwon. Behind the cameras, behind the paparazzi."

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't feel anything for you." Jungwon bluntly said. Zoa was fighting her tears back at this point. "What?" She uttered.

"Zoa, this is all for show. I'm flattered, but I don't feel anything more for you, and I never will. So don't catch feelings for me." Jungwon sighed and let go of her hand as soon as there were no more cameras around.

I already did you idiot.

"Oh, okay. Yeah I get it." She smiled. "I think we should call it a night. We'll arrange another fake date soon."

Right, fake date. She thought.

After that night, Zoa tried everything to get Jungwon's attention even when they were alone. It was obvious to Jungwon that she was trying to get him to like her back. Jungwon simply saw it as desperate.

She would bring him food at random times, she would drop by their studio to give him gifts and such. She was trying everything, and Jungwon took notice of her effort.

Sometimes, he found it adorable.