chapter 44 - flicker

A year later

A year later.

Hyerin started working at her mom's restaurant in Australia. Her mom owned a small business selling Korean food. She got better and wanted to do something with her life. She still desperately wanted to dance and perform, but it was difficult. She was recognised everywhere and was known as a bully.

It took a long time for her to accept the fact that she may never ever see them again. It broke her heart everytime she thought about it. Nova and Enhypen are still really close, they had no choice but to move on with life. Jungwon wanted to reach out, he wanted to write to her and go to her house, but he had to respect her space.

Even though he thought he had moved on, deep down his heart was still longing for her. He would wait a thousand years to see her again. So with that last bit of hope, he used it to motivate himself to work hard and focus on his career. He would reject all collaborations with other female idols and there were even some that tried to ask him out.

Jungwon knew Hyerin was watching him, and he didn't want to break her heart by dating someone else. Even though it was Hyerin who left him, he knew she did it for the sake of their career. And he knew she still loved him just as much as he loved her.

He would go to their usual place and stare at the waves, thinking of her. Watching the sunset that they would watch together hand in hand. He would look up at the stars and all he could think about was her. Every song, every stage he performed was for her. And he made sure she knew that.

It has been a year since she contacted the girls and Jungwon. She missed them so much, and she knew they missed her too. Nova was achieving many things and slowly making their way to the top. Somehow, she felt like everyone had moved on, except for her.

Hyerin's mom stopped contacting the girls as well, knowing they could get in trouble if they were ever caught. But Jake's parents were secretly looking out for her and updating them so they wouldn't worry.

Hyerin was on her lunch break, so she sat down and sighed heavily. She took her phone out and scrolled on Instagram using her private account. There was a post from Nova. It was a photo of the 3 girls standing in front of the Eiffel Tower.

The caption read, "For you, 🕷️." She smiled softly knowing that that was her representative emoji. She suddenly remembered the times where she and Seoyeon would talk about going to Paris and trying all their pastries. She felt content, seeing Seoyeon accomplish that dream even if she wasn't there with her.