chapter 31 - bite me

"Well, we're still investigating the matter, there's no hard evidence that Hyerin did all those things to Nari

"Well, we're still investigating the matter, there's no hard evidence that Hyerin did all those things to Nari. We'll update you guys soon." The manager stood up and left the studio. "That bitch. I'll kill her the next time I see her. I'm glad she didn't debut with us, we never liked her anyway." Seoyeon growled.

"Calm down, she's obviously doing it for attention." Hayoung sighed. "What did I do to deserve this?" Hyerin buried her face in her palms as everyone looked at her, feeling bad. "Nothing. You don't deserve any of this. We're all here for you, Rin." Jungwon rubbed her back in comfort.

"Jungwon's right, Erin. I know you better than anyone else, this doesn't sound like you at all. Nari will get what she deserves, trust me." Jake spoke. "Yeah! I'll stand up for you Hyerin noona. You have all our support." Ni-ki joined.

"That's right. Don't worry, I won't let her get away with this." Jiyoung said. "Thanks guys." Hyerin smiled softly.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

HYBE Labels : Statement regarding Nari and Hyerin.
5 days ago,  Kang Hyerin of Nova was accused of bullying a former trainee, Kim Nari. We are looking into this matter and will not tolerate any false accusations made against our idols. Kang Hyerin and Kim Nari were nothing more than classmates in high school. They were from a high school in Australia. According to the school, there were never any reports made against Hyerin about bullying. Teachers confirmed that the two never spoke to each other, and were not close. Kim Nari was a trainee here at HYBE, due to unfortunate circumstances she did not debut and dropped out on her account. We are kindly asking Kim Nari to come forward and admit that she is lying, or provide hard evidence. Otherwise, we will take legal action and dismiss this scandal. Thank you.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"The company released a statement today. That's a good thing right?" Seoyeon asked Jiyoung. The girls were practising at the studio for Gayo Daejeon. "Yeah, it is." Jiyoung spoke. Hyerin was relieved to hear that. Suddenly, the door swung open.

"Girls!! Did you guys read it?" Sunoo was the first to walk in, waving his phone. "Yeah, just did." Hayoung replied. Jungwon walked over to Hyerin who was still trying to catch her breath, flashing her a warm smile. He tucked her hair behind her ear and chuckled. "How do you still look so beautiful while looking like a sweaty mess?"

"Pabo." She said as she pushed him away softly. She was so happy to see him, it made everything better. "Kidding." He laughed, kissing her lips softly. "What are you guys doing here?" Jiyoung asked. 

"We were practising too, but Sunoo wanted to come here and show you guys the statement." Heeseung replied. "This is good right? Nari doesn't have any proof beside her useless words." Sunoo said sassily.

"Yeah, it's a good thing. I hope it gets dismissed asap." Hayoung answered. "Hyerin, are you okay? You look pale." Jay asked, looking at Jungwon who had his arm around Hyerin's shoulder. Hyerin kept looking at the floor the entire time, when suddenly her head shot up.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay." She answered weakly. "Yeah right. She hasn't eaten for 2 days." Seoyeon blurted out. "What? Is that true?" Jungwon looked at Hyerin, more concerned than ever. "Aish, it's not a big deal. I just didn't have the appetite." She simply brushed it off.

"Well, too bad. We're gonna have to cut practice short because we're all going out for dinner." Jungwon responded, taking her hand gently and leading them to the car while the rest trailed behind.

They arrived at a Korean barbecue restaurant not too far from the building. "Wow, it's been a while since we all went out to eat together." Ni-ki said, feeling contented. They were seated at a long table, enough to accommodate all of them.

"Here, love. I grilled it the way you like it." Jungwon smiled warmly, placing grilled meat on Hyerin's plate. "Oh? You're not going to feed me?" Hyerin spoke. Jungwon paused for a moment and looked at her before picking up a piece of meat and bringing it up to her mouth.

"Aish, I'm joking! Stop treating me like a baby." Hyerin chuckled. "Why not? You're my baby." Jungwon answered with a serious expression on his face. Hyerin rolled her eyes playfully and ate quietly.

"Jungwon ah that was so cringe." Seoyeon said with a disgusted look on her face. "Wae? Are you jealous? Maybe Jay hyung can feed you." Jungwon teased, making everyone burst into laughter. Seoyeon and Jay looked at each other, ears turning red.

All of them had a great time at dinner laughing and chatting away. It had been a while since they got together and hung out for real. Not just ordering food to the building and only hanging out in between practices. This was exactly what they all needed after all the drama.

They were all going through a hard time, but Hyerin has it worst. The guys would always do whatever they could to help her distract herself and do their best to make her smile. Her members were her number one emotional support.

But of course, the person who has her back the most is Jungwon. He was the first person she would run to whenever something happened. 

Hyerin tried to be there for him too, despite what she was going through, she would always check up on Jungwon, her members and the guys. Jungwon was Hyerin's pillar of support and she wanted to do the same for him. She wanted to stay strong for them too.

Hyerin wanted the case to be dismissed as soon as possible, this was the last thing she needed right now. But little did she know, it was only going to get a lot worse.

@jungwonslatte: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay so what are we thinkin cus this is actl driving me insane even though i know the outcome and the plot but still it's driving me insane. anyways! im writing a new book and ill publish the first chapter probably tomorrow or the day after! yall can check it out heheeeeeee. okay bye