chapter 15 - girlfriend

They had a lovely time at dinner, and afterwards, they walked on the beach

They had a lovely time at dinner, and afterwards, they walked on the beach. They were laughing and chatting away. "So you had no plans of becoming an idol?" Jungwon looked at Hyerin, as they walked.

"Not really. It's never been a big dream of mine. I danced for fun; I had a dance group back in Australia. I got many opportunities to be a backup dancer for many idols, then i got scouted, so I gave it a shot. Now here I am."

"Would you want to go back to your normal life?"

"Sometimes, yeah. Now there's eyes on me everywhere. It's scary."

"Well, I'm glad you gave it a shot. Otherwise, I would've never met you." He gave her a warm smile. "Shall we sit here?" Hyerin asked, pulling a picnic mat out of her handbag.

"Here, I'll do it." Jungwon took the mat from her hands and laid it down on the sand. He helped her sit down as he sat next to her.

"So, what's that?" Jungwon pointed at a separate white paper bag that Hyerin had been carrying throughout their date.

"Oh, I brought something for you. It's just something simple." She smiled as she handed it to him.

"I'll love whatever you give me." Jungwon flashed a warm smile as he took out what was in the bag. "Brownies! Did you bake them for me?" Hyerin nodded in response.

"And jelly!!" He exclaimed excitedly. "Thank you, Erin. I love it." Jungwon leaned in and kissed her lips softly. "You're welcome." She answered, blushing hard.

They both sat in silence, admiring the beautiful sunset. "Oh, look, there's a kitty." Jungwon pointed.

"Really? Where?" Hyerin looked in the direction he pointed, but was unable to spot the creature. "Yah, are you lying? There's no kitty anywhere." Hyerin frowned, turning her head to look at Jungwon but her eyes widened as he pulled out a ring.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Hyerin was at a loss for words. She needed someone to pinch her to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She nodded her head, smiling shyly. "Yes."