chapter 40 - criminal love

It had been 2 weeks since the breakup

It had been 2 weeks since the breakup. Hyerin was back home in Australia, she needed a break. To get away from everything else. Sadly, because of all the hate about everyone saying that she is a bully, she fell into depression.

Her family was aware, so they did everything they could to be there for her. Meanwhile, Nova had to continue their promotions as a 3 member group. Never failing to include Hyerin in their interviews whenever they can.

"Hi, Mrs Kang. How are you and Hyerin doing?" Jiyoung spoke over the phone. Hyerin applied for leave for only 2 weeks. If she was not back by then, she would either go on hiatus or leave the group permanently.

"Hi, Jiyoung. I'm okay, but Hyerin isn't doing well. She doesn't eat or sleep, she never leaves her room and she's always crying. I think she'll have to stay here for a little longer."

"I see. Alright then, send her all our love. We'll come visit when we can."

Beep.

"So she won't be back anytime soon?" Hayoung asked and Jiyoung nodded in response. "I miss her so much." Seoyeon sighed heavily. Hyerin was her soulmate, her other half. She didn't want to continue as Nova without her, but she wanted to make Hyerin proud and defend her name at all costs.

Nova wasn't receiving hate anymore ever since they became a 3 member group. They didn't get cussed out in public and everything was back to normal. But they hated it.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

HYBE LABELS:
Hello, this is HYBE. Unfortunately, Kang Hyerin of Nova will not be participating in the upcoming promotions. She is on a long hiatus, and won't be joining Nova for their next comeback. We hope you understand and will continue supporting Nova.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Has Jungwon eaten?" Jay asked the guys as they were eating dinner before their concert. "I don't think so. He's been sitting there since we got here." Sunghoon replied. They looked at him, worried. They tried to cheer him up whenever they could, to distract him and make him feel better. But nothing was working.

Just then, Heeseung got up and walked over to where Jungwon was, taking a seat beside him. "Jungwon ah, you have to eat." "I'm fine." He weakly responded. "I'm your hyung, listen to me. I know you're hurting, but we have to keep going. That's the truth of this job. We're being paid to perform well, even when we're at our lowest. You know that. Do you think Hyerin wants to see you this way? This is not who you are. You're our leader and we need you right now."