chapter 7 - crush

That same night after the show, Enhypen also returned to their dorm

That same night after the show, Enhypen also returned to their dorm. Jungwon came out to the living room after washing up, where all the guys were sitting on the sofa.

"Yahh, you and Hyerin did it again, eh? The media is blowing up. Will you two just get together already?" Jay teased the younger.

"Don't you think I would already? Too bad she just debuted. I'm allowed to date but she isn't aishhh.." Jungwon sighed, taking a seat.

"OHH so he finally admits it? Our Jungwonnie likes Hyerin!" Sunghoon joined in.

"Yoii Jungwonnie, you know Hyerin is like a little sister to me, and there's no one else I'd want her to be with than you." Jake spoke.

"Jinjja? Thanks hyung. If it really works out, I promise I'll take care of her."  The younger replied.

"Yah what? What do you mean by that Jake? You don't trust Hyerin with the rest of us? I'm hurt." Heeseung said, putting his hand on his chest dramatically.

Jake threw a pillow at Heeseung while the others were laughing their asses off.

"Aishh jinjja, I don't want to watch TikTok anymore. My whole feed is filled with edits of you two!" Sunoo whined, annoyed.

"Sorry, Sunoo hyung. The fans love us too much." Jungwon raised his brow and smirked. "So, what's the plan?" Ni-ki asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's not like we can date anyway. I wish it didn't have to be so complicated. Plus, we don't know how the fans will react. There could be a lot of negative feedback, and I don't want anything bad to happen to our group."

"Of course, Leader Yang. But in all honesty, is it the group or Hyerin?" Sunghoon asked. The group all stared at Jungwon, waiting for his response.

"Yoiii.. I don't know. This is a tough situation."

"It's okay; we would understand if you chose her, and we will support you no matter what decision you make." Jay reassured the younger. "Thanks hyung." Jungwon flashed a small smile.

Later, Jungwon sat in his bed, listening to music. He couldn't seem to fall asleep as he kept thinking about her. Remembering what Sunoo said earlier, he went on TikTok. He was curious to see what kind of edits there were.

There were thousands; there were even videos of him staring at Hyerin during the entire interview.

"Did you see the way he's checking her out!!??"

"If Yang Jungwon looked at me like that I'd simply pass away!"

"Hyerin girl I agree! Yang Jungwon is everyone's ideal type!!"

He found the comments so amusing. He quietly laughed to himself as he continued scrolling.

There was even a video of Hyerin only looking at Jungwon as Enhypen entered.

"Hyerin better not try anything with my man!"

"Hyerin out here livin the dream fr"

And some comments were rather.. 

wild.

He then decided to text her.  He wasn't sure if she'd reply as it was already pretty late.

wonie🐱 :
So I'm your ideal type, huh?

He put his phone down and waited. 2 minutes later, a small vibration came from his phone.

hyerin :
Yahh I was put on the spot! I didn't know what to say, so I just said whatever came to mind!

wonie🐱 :
And I was the first thing that came to mind? ;)

hyerin :
Aishhh you're so annoying. Why would they ask something like that anyway? I was totally shocked you know!  

wonie🐱 :
I know. But I'm glad you said me though. I would've definitely said you too.

At this point, all Hyerin could do was shove her face into her pillow and scream. The way this man had her in a chokehold.

She felt her face getting hotter; she didn't know how to respond to that text.

hyerin :
Stop speaking nonsense would you? It's late, I'm going to bed. Goodnight Yang Jungwon.

wonie🐱 :
Okay okay. Goodnight, Kang Hyerin. Don't miss me too much :pp

Hyerin rolled her eyes and put her phone down, this time she screamed into her pink-stuffed whale.

Why was he so annoyingly cute?? It's driving me nuts!!

@jungwonslatte:   hii heres another short chapter. i hope yalll like it so far!! Thank you for reading <33