Chapter 13: Silly Encounters

When Destiny got home from work, she prepared a big pot of pasta with turkey sausages and vegetables. She was famished, so she helped herself to a generous proportion and watched T.V while she ate it. Later, she went to her room and studied a bit before dozing off on the bed. Not long after, Iris rattled her by the arm to wake her up and sat down on the bed beside her with a bowl full of pasta.

"I see you've already helped yourself to the food I'd offer you," said Destiny drowsily.

"Yes! It's delicious!" replied Iris with her mouth full, "now go freshen up, we need to talk."

"How about tomorrow?" suggested Destiny with her eyes closed.

However, it was fruitless arguing with Iris and she had no choice other than to comply.

"So I ran into your hot teacher this morning," enlightened Iris as the girls sat face to face.

Destiny covered her face with her hands out of embarrassment. Iris told her there was nothing to be ashamed of, as he had cleared up everything. She repeated what Jeremy had told her that morning, and Destiny was grateful he'd omitted certain parts of it.

Iris was more concerned regarding why Destiny had gotten drunk in the first place. Destiny told her about Gloria's latest scheme of marking her as a kleptomaniac, and that she was just fed up of everything going on in her life. Iris sympathized and started talking about some guy from her college; he was a freshman, total sweetheart, good-looking and single.

"So you're going out with him?" asked Destiny uncertainly.

"No, you are!"

"What?!"

"He's perfect for you, just your type!"

"And what is my type exactly?"

Iris insisted that Destiny needed a nice guy to date exclusively because that was the key to her happiness. Iris wasn't going to get off her back so easily so Destiny thought of an excellent idea.

"Well in that case, there is a guy I really like," asserted Destiny acutely.

"Do I know him?"

Destiny bit her lip and nodded.

"OMG! It's that teacher, isn't it!" cried Iris, "What was his name again?"

"No, not my teacher!"

"It can't be that guy Seth and I can't think of anyone else,"

"It's Hassan,"

"Wait a minute," said Iris frowning, "Seriously?"

Destiny promised she'd totally back off if there was something between them. However, Iris would never admit that she had feelings for Hassan.

"I don't care if you're into him,"

"Cool. I'll ask him out next time he's around,"

"You're screwing with me, aren't you?"

"I swear I like him,"

"Whatever," said Iris, furiously stuffing pasta into her mouth.

Destiny wasn't getting the reaction she was aiming for, so she asked Iris to talk to Hassan on her behalf and help them get closer. That hit a nerve, as Iris almost choked on her food.

"We'll save money if he moves in," added Destiny.

"Excuse me?!"

"Into my room obviously," she clarified.

Iris glared at her menacingly and she beamed back innocently.

* * * * * * * * * *