Chapter 3: Shattered Dreams and New Prospects

Everyone saw Roy as a privileged airhead with good genetics and old money. His parents got divorced when he was in junior school, and since then they would constantly compete to spoil him more. Up till high school he lived with his mother in Lincoln, Nebraska who owned a boutique there. He would go stay at his father's mansion in San Francisco during vacations. After high school, he was sent to live with his father permanently where he spent most days sleeping around with different girls and travelling places with other rich kids like himself.

Soon after, his father started threatening to cut off all his privileges if he wasn't going to get a college degree and put his life together. He completed his bachelor's degree at an elite business college in New York and later joined his dad's business in San Francisco. He was actually good at his work when he wanted to be, and his father occasionally sent him to different states for meeting clients; that was what brought him to Nebraska at the time.

As soon as Kylie dozed off, Roy went to the terrace and called his dad. He told him that his work there was done and that he should be returning soon. He was looking forward to meet his three ladies, anxiously awaiting him back home. Cameron kept sending him nudes, Pauline texted him every day to convey how much she missed him, and Karina already had him in the palm of her hand. He had a good run with Kylie, but she was no match for his San Francisco girls.

* * * * * * * * * *

Next morning, Kylie woke up to Roy packing his suitcase.

"Where are you going?" she asked hazily.

"I'm flying back to San Francisco tonight," he answered nonchalantly.

All at once, drowsiness eluded Kylie and she hopped out of bed.

"Why?" she demanded impatiently.

Roy let her know that the purpose of his 'business trip' was served, so he was leaving.

Kylie didn't mind going to San Francisco, though she wished Roy had informed her earlier.

"Well I won't have enough time to pack I guess," she divulged wryly, "do you have an extra suitcase?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Roy, sounding annoyed.

Kylie stared at him, perplexed.

"We had a good time, now we go our separate ways," he said matter-of-factly.

Kylie's face turned red with fury. She told Roy she was going with him no matter what.

"Do whatever you want, I'm done with you," he told her carelessly.

Kylie felt utterly humiliated; how could Roy do this to her? She abandoned everything to be with him! She started crying and begged him to take her with her.

"I love you so much," she said between sobs, "and you said you love me too"

"I never said that," scowled Roy, "at least not while I was sober."

Kylie couldn't stand it; she cried about how she'd forsaken her 5 year old relationship and fought with her father to be with him, but Roy didn't care.

"It's not my fault you're a dumb slut," he pointed out.

Kylie collapsed onto the bed and wept bitterly, holding her head in her hands. Roy told her they had plenty of time for another round until his flight, so she should freshen up and stop being a drama queen. The humiliation drive her mad, so she got dressed in a huff, collected her stuff and stormed out.

"I'll never forgive you for this Roy," she yelled while making her exit.

* * * * * * * * * *