Chapter 6: Scandalous

Roy lay on the couch, absentmindedly staring at the T.V screen when he got a call from Cameron. She proposed a weekend getaway while her husband was out of town. Roy hadn't seen her for a while and took up the offer immediately. He quickly made reservations at his favorite hotel and packed in a few things to take along.

The next morning he embarked on a long drive to the hotel and didn't have to wait long for Cameron to arrive. She looked ravishing as always and he was looking forward to spend the weekend with her.

"I've missed you so much," she said climbing into his lap.

He told her that the feeling was mutual, and began undressing her shamelessly. She complained about her husband spending too much time at home lately, and even holding his work meetings around the house.

"Then I'll make sure to make up for all the lost time," winked Roy.

"You better," she said brazenly.

* * * * * * * * * *

The following day came a knock on the hotel door while Roy and Cameron were snuggled together in bed.

"Who could it be this early in the morning?" muttered Cameron sleepily.

Roy guessed it was room service and that it could wait. However, the knocking was persistent, so Cameron grudgingly slipped into a robe and went to answer the door. She was ready to give a piece of her mind to the hotel staff for the disturbance. However, what she saw on the other side of the door drained the life out of her.

There stood her husband whose expressions were a mixture of disappointment and disgust. Mr. Parker truly adored his young wife and fulfilled her every whim. She used to be a mere waitress who could barely make ends meet, and he let her be the queen of his empire. It wounded him that everything he gave her along with his love and attention was not enough to win her heart or loyalty.

Parker had always been wary of Roy despite having a thriving business partnership with his father. The news did not take long to reach Roy's father and became quite the scandalous affair. He was naturally displeased; he never cared about his son's frivolities, as long as they didn't meddle with his business and reputation.

Luckily, Cameron was able to win Parker's forgiveness. She apologized to him profusely, knowing that she was nothing without him. Roy was good for fooling around, but he wasn't one to settle down or someone she could depend upon for a financially secure future. She decided to suppress her promiscuous urges and be a devoted wife from then onwards.

Although Roy's father went to great lengths to subdue the scandal, the people in his company did not remain unaware of it, and that included Pauline. She was heartbroken and hastily made up her mind to return to England, as she had nothing left to hold on to anymore.

"I was foolish to think that what we had was special," she told Roy before leaving.

He didn't have anything to say; he was sorry to see her go, but asking her to stop would mean giving her false hopes.

"Well, at least I still have Karina," he thought to himself.

Karina was out of the city for a fashion show, away from all the drama in Roy's life. He gave her a call and told her that he missed her; she was his favorite girl after all. She couldn't talk for long, but told him that she would be back in two days.

* * * * * * * * * *

Destiny and Seth went to the movies together as planned. He insisted that she choose the film; she couldn't decide between the latest rom-com and thriller, but eventually leaned towards the latter. She assumed that the rom-com might be boring for Seth, even though he probably wouldn't admit it. They barely talked in the first half of the movie, and then during the interval Seth abruptly leaned in and kissed her on the lips.