24

*edited*

I was walking around New York for a little while

I was walking around New York for a little while. The tests were still in my hand. Each one is positive. Out of everyone why did it have to be me? Alec and I were safe. Most of the time, but I doubted I would be fertile since I was a demon and then died. 

My life loved to make things complicated for me. It always found a way. I walked into the Institute slowly. The buzz of everyone working and the blue lights hit me as I walked forward.

"There you are," Isabelle smiled as she came forward. "I was worried."

"Sorry," I muttered as she hugged me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good," I assured her. She narrowed her eyes slightly. "The Queen. She's a lot."

"Yeah, well from what Clary told me, she's one for games," Isabelle laughed.

"Linny." Alec was moving across the floor. An anxious feeling spread through me as I looked at him. "I'm so glad you're okay. When they came back without you I got worried that she might have kept you or something happened." I let him hold me as everything still settled in.

"No, no I'm okay," I said. He leaned back kissing me. Out of the corner of my eye, Isabelle was still staring at me. He kissed me again. "Lena, you're crying." He wiped a tear away.

"I'm okay," I assured him. "I swear. I'm just glad to be back." He kissed my forehead.

"I have to go take care of a few things, but I will be with you right after that."

"Don't rush. Seriously. I'm fine," I told him. He walked away and Isabelle stepped closer to me locking arms with me.

"I'm not going to make you explain, but I'm worried so let's go to your room," She said. 

I nodded as the tears continued to fall down my face. I wanted to tell Iz. I wanted someone to know. I wanted Clary to know, but what was I supposed to do? I can't be a mother. I wouldn't be a good mother. Once we got to my room I broke down. Isabelle was trying to comfort me, but even she couldn't. Not with this. Not this time.

***

"Magnus!" I hit his door. "Magnus!" The door flew open leaving my hand in the air.

"What can I do for you Bean," He smiled. "Need something?"

"No," I shook my head. "Well, some advice." I rubbed my forehead.

"You look like hell," Magnus added as he let me in.

"I feel like it," I grumbled. 

The morning sickness had hit me hard. It's been a hard week trying to keep it from Alec, but I don't know what to do. I can't tell him. It would drop a bomb on everything. I would be sidelined.