11

*edited*

I walked through the doors of the institute Clary and Jace behind me with Jocelyn

I walked through the doors of the institute Clary and Jace behind me with Jocelyn. People stared at me. I probably looked like shit as I walked past them. My body was scratched and dirty. A few cuts are shown through the rips in my clothes.

"Lena?" Maryse asked. She grabbed my arm, but let go when she looked into my eyes. 

"Where's Lydia?" I asked. She stared at me blankly, so I kept walking. "Lydia!" I screamed through the building. I saw Magnus walk out of a back room.

"Bean!" He smiled and then dropped his hands. "You know your eyes are—."

"I'm aware, I can't get them back to normal. I've got a lot of demon blood in my system," I huffed. 

My chest rose and fell. It was getting hard for me to just keep pushing through the pain and exhaustion.

"Lilly," Magnus moved my hair. "You need to stop. You're going to push yourself too far."

"Lena," Lydia came walking down the hall her heels clicking. Magnus stepped aside and Lydia paused. "What is this?" I held up the cup.

"Give this to the Clave, let Isabelle go. I'm not giving it to anyone but you." I held it tightly in my grasp. 

She wouldn't move toward me. She was taking in my appearance and my eyes. I held up my hands as I moved forward slowly. I just wanted to give her the cup. I didn't need to cause any problems.

"What are you?" She asked.

"I'm tired." I handed her the cup. She didn't grasp it at first. "Take it before I pass out. Where is Isabelle?" She took the cup from my hands.

"You understand I will have to detain you, right?" She said. 

"That's why I want to speak with Isabelle first." I nodded. 

She gestured to two doors down. It surprised me that she was just letting me go, but I was cooperating so it didn't matter much. I threw it open stumbling in.

"Bean, just wait," Magnus followed after me.

"Lena," Isabelle's expression fell. "What are you doing here? Your eyes they'll see." Lydia walked in behind me.

"She gets to say hello and then she will be detained. Isabelle Lightwood you are free of all the charges. You will not be de-ruined or banished." Lydia said. She showed them the cup in her hands.

"Linny, what did you do?" Alec muttered. My eyes moved to him for a moment.

"What I had too," I said. My arm was pressed against my side, it helped when I needed to breathe.

"Let me come with you," Magnus said. I looked to see him speaking to Lydia.

"Why did you come back? Are Clary and Jace here?" Isabelle asked as she touched my arm. "Holy shit, Lena!" She moved my hair from my neck exposing the wound from the spike.