15

*edited*

"Lena," Clary said

"Lena," Clary said. She was standing in the doorway to my room. "Why are you still—?" She gestured to my arms.

"There is still too much," I said She was wearing all white. "Why are you—? Mom." 

She nodded and moved to the corner of my room showing me the similar dress I was going to be wearing. Mine had long sleeves to cover the new scars I had on my forearms.

"I'll help you," She breathed.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to." I slid off the edge of the bed.

"You're my family," She smiled. "We should help one another. I will help you."

"Thank you, but I don't need help Claire," I smiled. 

My hand grazed over the scars on my forearms. There were a few runes that were broken from the bloodletting and the experiments. I've been trying to redraw them to cover the scars, but it didn't cover them all. I changed into the white dress as Clary fixed me up a little. She had twisted portions of my hair back with pins.

"Is this so I don't look horrid."

"No, I just wanted your hair to look a little more put together." She smiled. I shoved her.

"That was the nice way of saying yes, Lena, it's horrendous." I looked in the mirror seeing that she actually did a good job. 

I looked more appropriate for the occasion. We walked out of my room together. We were standing at the entrance of the room. Jace came up to Clary's other side. She took his hand tightly, I was glad she had someone here with her. Jocelyn and she were always closer than we were.

"Don't let go," Jace said. 

Clary squeezed my hand too. I gave both of them a reassuring smile. The three of us slowly walked forward.

"Those remaining will take their place with the fallen," Aldertree spoke from the front as the three of us took our spots. 

Clary and Jace on one side me on the other. The separation was comical. Clary touched Jocelyn's arm looking over to me with teary eyes. I shouldn't be standing up here. I shouldn't be up here. She didn't want me as her child. I shook my head.

"Stay," Clary mouthed. "You were her daughter too." I shook my head as Clary's eyes watered. "Please, Lena."

"Those remaining will say the names of the fallen," Aldertree added.

"Brother Micha."

"Brother Jeremiah." Clary faced the crowd.

"Joce—," She looked over at me her eyes falling to Jocelyn. "Mom." She fell into Jace's arm.

"Jocelyn Fairchild," I spoke clearly as a tear rolled down my cheek. 

Clary's quiet sobs filled my ears as the others recited the final words. We walked forward joining the others. I stood next to Alec. Clary taking my hand once more.