10

On call:
Dr. J: Hello, Dr. J here.
Mr. C: Hello Dr. J. Edmund Clearwater’s father here. How’s my son? Is he okay? Can I meet him?
Dr. J: Calm down, Mr. C. Don’t worry. He is fine. We are taking good care of him. If you want, you can come now to meet him.
Mr. C: Sure! I’ll be there in half an hour.
Saying this, Mr. C cut the call. Dr. J sighed and called Allen, Aron and Rosy in his cabin.
Dr. J: Guys, Edmund’s father is coming to meet him. We need to make sure that he shouldn’t talk much about his treatment here.
Ar: Should we shift him to a normal ward?
Dr. J: (with a smirk) No need. I’ll meet Mr. C first and explain his escaping situation to him. That itself will explain the special ward and restraints.
All three nodded and left his cabin.

30 minutes later:
Mr. C entered the hospital and was soon met with Dr. J.
Mr. C: Hello Dr. Thank you for accommodating me at such a short notice.
Dr. J: Not at all, Mr. C. I understand, that you are worried for your son. But before meeting him, I just want to discuss a few things with you.
Mr. C: Sure Dr. J. Is there anything serious with my son?
Dr. J: Oh, nothing serious about his health. But a bit serious about his behaviour. It saddens me to inform you that he tried to escape today.
Mr. C: (with shocked expression) He did what? (angrily) Damn! This boy is just getting out of hands.
Dr. J: (with fake sadness) Yeah! Because of this, we had to keep him in a special room and that too in tight restraints. He really needs to complete the full course of his treatment.
Mr. C: (with a sad sigh) I understand, Dr. Please do whatever you feel is right for him and his health.
On hearing this, Dr. J smirked mentally and discussed something with Mr. C. Mr. C immediately agreed to it and then both of them went towards Edmund’s room.

Meanwhile, there in the room, Edmund woke up with a throbbing pain in his butt. He found himself lying on his back with tight restraints causing his butt to be pressed against the bed. As a result, it was paining more. The oxygen mask was again strapped to his face. Just then, the door opened and entered Dr. J along with his father. Edmund was pleasantly surprised seeing his father after 2 full days. He tried to say something but was immediately shushed by Dr. J.

Dr. J: (caressing his hair with fake care) Calm down, Edmund. I know you are happy to see your father after a long time. But you need to be careful, mustn’t you? Exertion in excitement is not good for you now.
Mr. C: (in a disappointed tone) The doctors and nurses here are doing so much for you, Ed. How could you make their work harder by trying to escape? This is really not done, bud. You are completely the full course of your treatment as suggested by Dr. J. (sternly) Just do as he says or else, we’ll be having a problem. (turning to Dr. J) I apologize on behalf of my son for all the trouble he has caused you. And you have my full permission for further procedures.

Dr. J just waved off his apology and asked him to sign the documents before leaving. Mr. C talked for a few minutes with Edmund telling him about his mother, yet Edmund was not able to reply. After that, Mr. C left giving a quick forehead kiss to Edmund. Edmund tried to stop his father but was unable to. Dr. J too left with him. Edmund was again lying while staring at the ceiling.

To be continued ❤️❤️