11

TIMESKIP:
Edmund heard the door opening sound and turned to find Allen and Aron entering with an empty wheelchair. He frowned seeing that. Without saying anything, Allen removed his restraints and made him sit on the wheelchair

 Without saying anything, Allen removed his restraints and made him sit on the wheelchair

while Aron again secured the restraints. Once done, they started pushing the chair out of the room and into the corridor.

Ed: (in a scared tone) Where… where are you taking me now?
Al: For your further procedure.
Ar: (with a smirk) Or can say, further punishment.

Edmund was scared hearing that and his fear increased seeing the board saying ‘Operation Theatre’ in front of him.

Ed: No… no, I don’t want any operation… I am sorry… I won’t try to escape again… please let me go… I don’t want an operation…
Al: Be quiet! You are getting it. The decision’s made and your father agreed as well. So shut up.

Edmund was crying heavily. On entering the theatre, he saw Dr. J, Harry and Rosy in their green surgical scrubs along with another doctor and was more terrified.

Ed: (shouting) No… leave me please… no…Ignoring his shouting, Allen and Aron forcefully removed his hospital gown and made him lay naked on the surgery bed securing him with restraints

Ignoring his shouting, Allen and Aron forcefully removed his hospital gown and made him lay naked on the surgery bed securing him with restraints. A belt was also tied to his forehead to refrain him from moving his head too much.
Ed: (crying heavily) Leave me please… I’ll obey all your instructions… please leave me…
Dr. J: We gave you enough warnings, little Eddy. But you don’t seem to understand. So now, the only privilege that you had, i.e. having your food on your own is being taken from you. We are inserting a G-tube which would help us to directly pour your food into the tube.
Ed: No… please don’t… please…
Dr. J: Let’s start, folks. Rosy, give me the local anaesthesia shot.

Rosy gave him the injection

and Dr. J immediately inserted the needle on the side of Edmund’s belly button. Edmund cried in pain. Dr. J quickly pushed the medicine and removed the needle.
Dr. J: Dr. H, the anaesthesia has settled. Please secure the endoscope.
Dr. H: Sure! (taking the illuminated endoscope wire) Harry, secure the mouthguard.

Rosy forcefully opened Edmund’s mouth and Harry placed a hollow, square plastic there. Dr. H then slowly started pushing the endoscope device down his throat. Edmund had a gagging sensation but was not able to move his head.

After that, Dr. J started the further procedure and soon inserted the feeding tube beside Edmund’s belly button. The whole process was very uncomfortable for Edmund, but he did not feel any pain as of now. The endoscope wire was removed from his throat, causing him to cough a bit.

Dr. J: Rosy, midazolam shot please.
Rosy nodded and immediately injected the shot in Edmund’s upper arm. He fell asleep in some time.
Dr. J: We are done here. Rosy and Harry, take him to his room and secure him to his bed again. Give the painkillers in his IV. Also Rosy, what about his recent blood work?
R: It’s done, Dr. The reports are here. His vitamin levels have improved but his sugar levels are still not good enough.
Dr. H: I guess, you will need to give him a glucagon shot.
Dr. J: Hmm… Rosy, prepare that shot as well at the time of his night dose.
Rosy nodded and she left with Harry taking Edmund to his room.

At night:
Dr. J entered Edmund’s room to find him looking fearfully towards Rosy who was preparing his night doses. Allen and Aron were also present.
Dr. J: Rosy, are we ready?
R: Yes doctor
Dr. J: Good! Allen, turn him to his side. Be mindful of his tube. It’s fresh.

Allen and Aron nodded and quickly turned Edmund to his left side. Dr. J lifted his gown to reveal his red butt. He started pressing to find a spot for injecting. Edmund was already crying. Wiping the alcohol pad, Dr. J took the first injection and inserted the long needle into his butt. Edmund screamed and tried to move but was held tightly. Dr. J started pushing the plunger slowly. As the medicine entered, the burning sensation began causing Edmund to cry more heavily. Once fully injected, Dr. J took the needle out and told the nurses to turn him to his other side. Dr. J wiped the alcohol pad on the other butt. He inserted the second needle fully and slowly started pushing the plunger. After a minute, he removed it. Then he took the third wipe and started rubbing it on his thigh.

Ed: What?! There’s… there’s more? Please… please I can’t take it… please leave me…
Dr. J: Don’t make me angry now, Edmund. Quietly take your medicines, or you know the consequences.
Saying this, Dr. J injected the third shot causing Edmund to cry heavily. After that, they rubbed all 3 spots and bandaged them and made him lay straight. He soon fell asleep.

The next 2-3 days, he was given his food through the tube and medicines through injections. On the last day, they removed the tube and he was discharged. He vowed to never touch alcohol again.

End..