4

Dr. John and Dr. Henry were discussing a case while standing at the reception when a man in his early forties entered the hospital while supporting his semi-conscious teenage son.
Dr. J: Allen, Aron… Bring the stretcher quickly.
Two buff and strong looking male nurses rushed in with a stretcher along with nurse Rosy and they laid down the unconscious boy on it. As soon as Dr. J and Dr. H approached the boy, they could smell the faint stench of alcohol and vomit.
Dr. H: What’s his name and what happened to him?
Man: He’s my son, Edmund Clearwater. Actually, I found him vomiting severely and then he fainted.
Dr. J: Oh okay. Rosy, is the endoscopy room clear?
Rosy: Yes, doctor. There is no appointment there as of now.
Dr. J: Good. Allen, Aron, take him there directly and prepare him for the same. Rosy, prepare a 1 mg midazolam shot and keep it on standby in case he wakes up during the endoscopy procedure and take his blood for testing.
The nurses nodded and took him to the room,

while Dr. J and Dr. H asked the man to follow them to the cabin.
Man: Dr, do you think this is because of alcohol?
Dr. J: Yes, we do suspect alcohol poisoning but it can be gastritis as well.
Man: (angrily) This boy… I have already punished him twice for this habit of his. Yet he doesn’t seem to get the point. He has also started misbehaving with me and his mother. That’s the reason this time I brought him here. Please cure him of this habit.
Dr. J: (with a smirk) Sure, we’ll need to admit him for 5-6 days here. You can fill up the form at the reception and leave. I would also suggest, that you visit him only when I give you a call so as not to hamper our treatment. Rest assured; we’ll take good care of him.
Man: That’s alright, Dr. I trust you. Just relieve him of his disease as well as this habit.
Dr. J: Sure! Once done with the treatment, he will not even think about misbehaving or consuming alcohol.
The man nodded grimly and left while Dr. J made his way to the endoscopy room along with Dr. H.
Allen, Aron and Rosy were already present there, with all the required equipment, while Edmund was already in the position for procedure. Dr. J and Dr. H quickly did the test, and it was confirmed that he had gastritis and alcohol consumption had slightly worsened the condition. Dr. J took the injection and injected it in Edmund’s upper arm.
Dr. J: Allen, Aron… Take him to the special room of our special ward. Keep him restrained and let him rest for today. Also, put him on oxygen and connect an IV to start on with the fluids. Further treatment will start tomorrow when he wakes up.

 Further treatment will start tomorrow when he wakes up

After that, Dr. J whispered something to Allen and Aron and left the room along Dr. H.
Dr. H: What did you tell them, Dr.?
Dr. J: (with a smirk and chuckle) Nothing Dr. Just told them to give him the welcome present tomorrow that we have for such special patients of ours.
Both of them laughed at that and went to attend their other patients