SIXTEEN

Meerab is coming to her university to some important work.Her MBA final exams are knocking on the door.That's why comes to take some important notes.Suddenly she bumped with Rohail,a classmate of her.His eyes are full with joy to see her.It's seems like he watched a eid moon.He gets overjoyed and said;

"Meerab mujhe to yakin nahi aa raha mein tumse mil raha hu.Tum mere ankhon ke samne khare ho."

Meerab doesn't understand his behaviour and says;

"Kiya ho gaya hai tumhe Rohail.Tum thik to ho?"

"Shayed khushi se jhom utha hu.Chalo kisi acchi restaurant mein bethte hai.Tumse dher sari baten karni hai mujhe."

Meerab looked her watch and thinks Murtasim will come home soon.She should go now before he comes.Nowadays she feels good to welcome him to the house and making coffee for him in evening.

"Nahi Rohail mujhe kuch kam hai.Ghar jana hoga."

"Aaj mein tumhari koi baat nahi sunonga.Tumhe chalna hoga.Tumhe humari dosti ka vasta."

Meerab defeated by his stubborn request and decided to go to the restaurant and listen to him.

_________________________________

Meerab is sitting at the corner table of the restaurant.Ruhail sits opposite chair of her.Meerab says;

"Kiya bolna hai jaldi bolo."

Ruhail said without wasting any time.

"Saba ne bataya mujhe kaise tumhe Murtasim khan ne kidnap karke shadi ki.Tumhe apne ghar mein qaidi banake rakha.Kaise tum takleef mein..."

Before he completed the sentence,Meerab said;

"Takleef mein bilkul nahi hu mein aur nahi Murtasim ne mujhe koi takleef diya hai.Manti hu shadi humari zabardasti huyi thi lekin woh sirf ek galatfehmi ka shikar tha.Warna Murtasim yeh harqat kabhi nahi karta.Lekin aab  sab thik hai."

Ruhail gritted his teeth and said;

"Itni mohabbat ho gayi hai usse ki mere samne uske tarafdari kar rahi ho."

Meerab gets stumbled to heard this word of love.She asking herself,is she really falling in love with Murtasim.

Meerab comes out from her thoughts when Ruhail takes a ring and put infront of her.She surprisingly looks at the ring box and asks him angrily.

"Yeh sab kiya hai Ruhail?"

"Mohabbat ka izhar.I love you Meerab.Bohot mohabbat karta hu tumse.Socha MBA ke baad bata dunga tumhe lekin us Murtasim ne sab kuch barbad kar diya.Bloody criminal.Lekin abhi bhi kuch nahi bigra.Murtasim humare bich se hath jayega.Aur tum meri ho jaoge."

Meerab gets irked by his words for Murtasim.She says;

"Khabardar Ruhail apni zuban ko samhal kar baat karo.Jis ko tum yeh sab bol rahe woh shohar hai mera.Aur mein apni shohar ke khilaf ek lafz bhi bardast nahi karungi.Kya keh rehete tum kitne mohabbat hai mujhe unse.To suno mein unse bohot mohabbat karti hu.Aur isme koi gunah nahi hai.Aur raha sawal tumhara to Ruhail mein tumhe humesha ek dost ke ilawa aur kuch nahi samjha.Agar Murtasim meri zindegi mein nahi bhi aate to phir bhi tumhara koi chance nahi hota.Is liye apni dimag se yeh sab nikal do aur bhul jao mujhe.Isse saf lafzon mein inkaar karna mujhe nahi aata.Allah hafiz mere shohar mere intezar kar rahe honge."

Saying this Meerab get up from the chair.As soon as she turned around,shocked to see Murtasim there.He comes to her and asks;

"Tum to university gayi thi to yaha kya kar rahi ho."