ELEVEN

Meerab slips unconsciously down the stairs.There is a loud sound.Murtasim stood up at the suddenness of the incident.Meerab is holding her leg with her hand and is croaking in a strained voice. In severe pain,Meerab's whole face is covered with blue color.

Murtasim comes and leans down, says anxiously;

"Pehle bhi samjhaya tha dhire chalne ko aab lag gayi na.Dekhau mujhe."

Meerab cannot answer,she is in no condition to answer.The intensity of the pain is increasing.Murtasim touched Meerab's leg and she moaned loudly.

Murtasim called Bakhtu and asked him to get the car out.Then look at Meerab and said;

"Uth paoge?"

Meerab closes her eyes and cries silently.She seems to have broken a bone in her leg.Murtasim glanced at Meerab and picked her up.

Bakhtu opened the door of the back seat.Murtasim sat Meerab and he sat too.

__________________________________

"Neend khul gayi aap ki.Actually aap ko pain killer diya gaya tha uske effect se hi neend aa gaye.Aap ke pero pe sprain hua hai.Kuch hi der mein aap ko discharge kiya jayega."

A nurse said to Meerab.She just open her eyes in the hospital.

Nurse paused for some while and said;

"Aap ke husband bar bar aap ko aake dekke gaye."

Meerab ignore her words.Nurse again said;

"Kafi caring hai woh.Aap ke is dard mein dekkhar khud bhi pareshan ho gaye.Love marriage hua hai?"

"Aap ko bohot pasand aaye woh?"

Stopping the nurse,Meerab asked the question and looked at the nurse.The nurse looks at her and says in surprise.

"Matlab?"

"Agar politician Murtasim Khan aap ko itna hi pasand aaye to aap rakhle."

Meerab said coldly.The nurse looks at Meerab in shock.Murtasim came and stood behind the nurse and said.

"Meri biwi ki dimagi halat thik nahi hai sister.Please don't mind."

The nurse turns to look at Murtasim and he says with a smile.

"Meri biwi thori si khiski huyi hai.Aap jai agar chahiye ho to mein bula lunga."

The nurse left with a shocking expression.Murtasim looks at Meerab's face and slightly leaning towards her and says.

"Jab mein pura ka pura tumhara hu to yeh khairat kyun?"

Meerab moved back and said;

"Mujhse dur raho."

He softly removed her hair and said;

"Tumse dur raha nahi jata.Because I love you."

Meerab gives him an angry glance and says;