Chapter 135 - Duke Luave's Residence's Love Story (1)

“Can I help you?”

Sid, who had been brushing Nathan’s neck for a long time, frowned slightly at the voice of the new stable keeper who had been bothering her for a long time.

Nathan, Kahel’s favorite horse, was sensitive and harsh like its master. It took her three months to get Nathan’s ‘permission’ to brush him, so what was this newbie saying now?

But she didn’t laugh at him because she wanted to be friendly with others.

“It’s okay. It doesn’t take long anyway.”

“But wouldn’t it be faster if the two of us did it?”

He seemed to think Sid was saying something he didn’t like, so he pulled out a brush. The moment that brush touched Nathan, Nathan almost certainly would reject even Sid’s touch as well.

“Thank you for the kindness, but it’s really okay. This guy is so sensitive, he doesn’t like being touched by strangers. Don’t come close.”

“Really…… ?”

“Yes. If there is nothing to do, go help clean up Stable 1.”

At Sid’s words, he put down the brush he was holding, but he didn’t stop talking.

“I work for Stable 2, why should I help there? Why, you think I came all the way here because I have nothing to do?”

“Then?”

“Why am I here? Guess.”

Sid was slowly starting to get annoyed.

She didn’t like it very much that he came up to a person who was working hard and talked to them. Looking back, his offer to help her in the first place didn’t seem like a genuine favor.

Sid didn’t answer, just focused on brushing Nathan. However, the newbie leaned against the opposite wall and continued to talk.

“At first I thought you were a very pretty guy. Do you know how surprised I was to hear that you are a woman?”

“…….”

“Oh, my name is Jeffrey. You are Sid, right?”

“…….”

“After this, come hang out with me.”

“…….”

When Sid didn’t answer, Jeffrey grinned. At first glance, it was as if a word saying ‘playing hard to get, are we’ was heard.

If it was the old Sid, the brush she was holding would have been thrown straight into the guy’s face. However, during the year and a half of her life in the Duke’s residence, she also learned how to behave as a servant of the Duchy, and she continued to brush quietly because she thought that if she caused a problem, she might cause concern to Lena, no, to the Queen.

However, Jeffrey didn’t seem to be willing to accept this favor.

“Give me some time.”

Sid finally answered the voice that turned commanding,

“Why me?”

“Oh, you finally talked. What do you mean, why? To build some friendship.”

“I know. So, why me?”

Jeffrey snorted once more at the apparently displeased answer, then went up to Sid and grabbed her wrist.

“I liked you.”

Sid looked closely at the guy holding her wrist for the first time.

He had black hair, black eyes, and thick lined face and physique. He may have a look that would be popular with some girls, but in Sid’s eyes it was nothing more than ‘stupid macho’. And that stupid macho was holding Sid’s wrist tightly.

TDDCSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें