Chapter 133 - At that party that day (2)

Kahel was rereading Lena’s letter that Sid had secretly delivered to him yesterday, over and over again, and then forced himself to eat a meal he wasn’t willing to.

– …… To get better, you need to eat well, get plenty of sunlight, and move around. You must sleep well. If your body hurts, my heart will hurt so much.

Her letter, written with affection and concern, one word at a time, became a ray of light in his depressed and frustrated heart. He couldn’t tell what the taste of the piece of meat he put in his mouth was, but he chewed it and swallowed it out of duty because Lena would be sad if he got thin. He started training with the knights again, and tried to sleep a little at night.

Only for Lena. In order not to cause her to worry.

He thought about it several times, but he couldn’t help but be greedy for Lena, who was the standard for everything in his life.

‘I can’t let you go no matter what.’

He couldn’t help it even if he was cursed for being greedy. He doesn’t know if he would die while blocking the hordes of monsters, but in the end, he survived, so this life couldn’t be continued without Lena, so he couldn’t let Lena go while he was alive.

On the one hand, he was resentful. He had never been greedy for anything in his life. He has only lived for his family, for the Queen, and for his country. Even though his constitution did not even allow him to have a single person by his side, he did his duty. Then when he was greedy for only one thing, he was not allowed that. It was so unfair and heartbreaking.

– I love you. With all my life

That bitter heart was healed in this one sentence. The tender and warm affection that pours out towards him.

He had heard of love confessions that endangered his life because of the devilish curse, but none that touched his heart as much as this.

Lena would be nervous, too. Not even a single person in the Palace has ever known her. Still, she said to overcome it first. He regretted that he couldn’t have considered and cared for her first.

Then he suddenly remembered a day in the past. It was at that time when he was terrified that if this rare handmaiden was known to the world, someone would take her away. At that time, he had made up his mind to Gerard’s words.

‘It’s okay if I don’t lose her.’

Kahel gently touched his hand on the line of ‘I love you,’ and his eyes lit up. No one should dare to take away Kahel Luave’s. He needed to make it clear this time.

He rang the bell calling for Arder after a long time.

“Did you call, Your Excellency?”

To Arder, who seemed to have rushed, Kahel gave an order with a dry voice.

“Call the clothing and shoe makers. Call the jeweler. I don’t have time, so hurry up.”

* * *

The curtain of the grand banquet has risen. Since it was the first grand banquet to be held since the new Queen’s accession, everyone’s attention was drawn to the extent that the entire capital was excited. Above all, there was a rumor that ‘it was to choose the Grand Duke’, so unlike ordinary banquets, unmarried men put a lot of effort into dressing up.

Usually vanity was a luxury for women. It was funny to see men who were arrogant decorating themselves like peacocks, but for the nobles, even that was entertainment.

It wasn’t just the men who were excited at the grand banquet. Because of the devilish curse, they had not been able to approach Kahel Luave all this time and he appeared. The curse was lifted, and Damien opposed the union between him and the Queen.