five

'there's something in the static, and i think i have been revelation'

"mr keating! he's cool right?"

charlie walks with them through the field as with todd whose behind them, tigtening the grip of hem of his coat living a crumpled on it.

as when mr. keating class gets done, todd can't erased the word carpe diem on his mind. it means seize the day, but he don't comprehend it that much though.

"seize the day," he whispered.

was it meant by having, to do things one wants to do when there's still a chance instead of waiting for another time.

he just think of it.

"well, he do weird teaching stuff" cameron says.

"don't be a bullshit cameron you know? don't be a puppy to mr. nolan!" cameron replies as cameron looks offended of what cameron said to him.

"i'm not a bullshit dalton and i'm not a puppy" cameron said with disgusted face.

"well, i guess carpe diem make sense," neil said smiling.

"hey, you going to chris?" meeks asked knox who's wearing his coat, took his bike off the rack as he sat on his bike.

"yeah? why?" knox answered and asked.

"knoxious must be stealing that girl huh?" charlie said with a playful smile.

"oh charlie stop with that!" knox said. "im gonna woo that woman" knox added.

"well then goodluck with chet!" pitt shouted jokingly that knox might be fighting with chet.

knox just smiled at his friends as he rode his bike and drove away to welton to see chris.

todd smiled to his friends being the most playful boys he encountered with.

maybe being friends with them are a good thing though.

•••

"i was listening for the calling but never realy heeding,"

he writes down from his notebook of what word was just came into his mouth.

"hoping for the future when the future's only plans,"

"dreaming of wisdom that i am doing daily"

he said whispering as he writes it all the way down to his notebook.

he bites his lower lip, thinking of another word that will ding onto his mind.

"praying for a savior when salvation is in my hands,"

"and still i sleep,"

"and still i dream"

"and still i fear"

"and still i pray,"

and still i sleep.

todd let out a sigh as he closed his notebook out of frustation. he can't concentrate on this time. he is in the bus, going home again.

he was in his usual spot. back of the seat, window seat.

he was expecting someone to come in but there were no any signs of it.

he waits.

he do.

he taps his fingers onto the cover of his notebook. he still wait for her even though the bus were operating.

but no one came.

she didn't came.

well, who would wait for a girl you just don't even know its existence? that sounds stupid to todd.

todd just wait for her to return the notebook.

and nothing else.

he guess?

•••

todd is now arrived in their house, revealing no one but his brother who looks like going out somewhere.

"oh, there you are" his brother jeffrey said, shaking its hat removing the dirt off.

"father was at his meeting, with mr. gale, mother is also there too" jeffrey mentioned.

"where are you going?" todd asked his brother, as jeffrey looked at him.

"i have to be in there too," he said smiling.

he then walk towards the door where todd is standing. he stops infront of todd, he let out a chuckle and soon he tap his younger brother's shoulder.

his brother is gone, leaving him alone to their house.

his brother is different from him, knowing that he had been in welton, it is the reason why his parents love his brother than him. he carried all their success, their richness and their power.

something that todd can't give.

•••