three

'when something is for you, it will not run or hide or avoid being yours'

"wait really? that's so romantic!"

neil perry, one of the closest friend he has in welton. amazed to the story todd told to him, and it was about the girl.

"and did you ask about her?" neil asked, waiting for todd's answer but instead of a word that'll come up onto his mouth got replaced by a shrugged.

"what?" neil confused.

"i-i.." todd was about to say something but then neil's friends takes over to their conversation.

they were in the field outside hellton, they say.

"oooh, what a spicy conversation we have eh?" a boy meddled. hanging his arm onto neil's shoulder.

todd get a little bit nervous around them. that was the first encounter he had on them. well, two days since welton started. only neil was the person who came and strike up a conversation to him.

"i'm charlie dalton, but the name is nuwanda" charlie introduced himself to todd, having that smirk on his face.

"i am steven meeks, this is gerard pitts, we are making an illegal radio like this!" meeks, who is holding that DIY radio on his hand, showing it to todd.

"and that guy—" charlie pointing at the boy, squatting and hanging his head, looks disappointed.

"that's knox overstreet" charlie introduced.

"and why is he like that?" todd asked quietly. gripping onto the hem of his coat.

"'cause of chris" cameron spoke behind neil and charlie's back.

"i'm richard cameron," cameron introduced to todd.

"i'm todd anderson," he introduced as soon as they complete introducing themselves.

"wait, your brother is a welton alumni, that valedictorian brother of yours" charlie said as neil smirked.

"right? he's cool though," neil eyeing todd.

he didn't thought of having friends with them, he's actually okay with neil, as long as someone care at him then he wouldn't be bother by that. but being friends with this group of friends, it's a lucky for him.

"and what is that?" dalton pointed at the notebook i was holding.

"ah n-nothing" todd answered immediately.

neil smiled at todd's behavior. "its from the girl" neil said, making the others heard it.

todd must be cursing from his mind.

"i-it's not like that, i—"

"you have a girlfriend?" knox asked, stand from his squatting phase.