one

this is a work of fiction. names, events, places, and others are all made up of author's imagination.

•••

  'wheels go round, and so my mind going around thinking about you'

it is 5:30 PM in the afternoon. all the boys scattered from the outside of welton academy as they went to their home on their own minds.

todd anderson. a quiet, shy boy, walking away from the academy leading himself to go home.

todd, who is gripping his both hands on his bag strap, got himself standing in a sidewalk, waiting for a bus to stop infront of him.

minutes passed by, a bus stops infront of him as he walked inside of it, feeling himself inside, looking horribly nervous as he realized he is infront standing like a tree and people sitting on looks at him.

his grip tightened. he walked inside looking for a perfect seat, and now he is eyeing it just before he walks inside.

perfect, the back of the seat.

he then sit at it, taking off his bagpack on his back and put it on his lap making it look like he is hugging something.

todd always sit at the back beside the window. everyday, every single morning he go to welton academy and every single afternoon he go home.

he's always alone. no one sits beside him. only him and he's beloved bagpack. he notices it everytime he takes bus, but i guess it didn't even bothered him. it actually make him comfortable, knowing he's just there sitting peacefully without anyone distracting him.

and there he was, sighting the sunset on the window, smiling through everytime the golden sunlight hits his angelic face. it was a thing he always do when he is just alone at the bus.

but, it didn't make him enough to be happy. todd, scared that his life might no meaning. he wanted too but, he is too unspoken for himself.

and so he does kept quiet. not planning about something that will seize his day.

todd is casually focus on the window, admiring the trees, the sunsets, and every little things that the bus passes by.

the bus stops for a sudden.

but still, he eyes are glued on the window.

as he was focused on it, he didn't even noticed of someone was sitting beside him. not until his seat shaken a bit by a sudden move of a person who sat next to him.

todd looked at her surprisingly. starting to get shy and nervous having a thought of someone was just sat next to his existence.

he wouldn't even be shy if it was a man or an old man, but a girl sitting next to you? and you being a shy and quiet around people most especially girls, who wouldn't react like that right?

well as i said, it is a girl. a black short fluffy haired girl. She has freckles on her cheeks, green eyes and rosy lips, with a blue and yellow striped oversized t-shirt and puffy jeans on it. she has a multiple bracelets on her wrist and her little bagback on her back.

and, a notebook and ballpen on her hand.

everything about this girl described in todd's eyes.

todd thought of her, being the first person who just sat next to him at the bus.

•••