➢ C͖͎h͓̺̻a̡̟͓p̢͎͜t͙͚̦e͙̻r̡̡̙ 19

TREASON

~JOHNSON~

I WAS CONFUSED when the call of a very upset Olivia reached me in the late afternoon, since I'd expected to just rest that day.

„Yeah? What's up, Via?" I asked and sent a side glance towards Timothée who was reading a book on the couch next to me. I hadn't heard anything from them, but Daniel had told me that they had given birth to a girl the prior day.

„Hi, Y/n." they said and I could sense that they were smiling even though they sounded tired.
„I just got a call from the agency, apparently there have been signals of bombs located all over London but they're basically impossible defuse."

„Have we been following a wrong lead all the time?" I asked, while trying to stay calm even though I could already feel the anger flooding through my veins.

„Apparently not, because the defuser has been spotted here in Paris and I'm currently on my way there." They answered, their voice slightly shaky.

„Olivia, no, you've just given birth!" I called out, my voice rising as I abruptly got up from the couch.

„I don't have any other choice." They whispered.
„They threatened to fire me."

„I'll be there in half an hour, where the fuck is that thing even located?" I yelled, and panic rose inside of me as they gulped.

„The top of the Eiffel Tower."
Fuck.

༺༒༻

„DON'T DO THAT." Timothée called after me as I ran towards a motorcycle, who's owner was buying I've cream at a small shop so there still were keys inside.
„You don't have a license, and I do neither. And you can't just steal his motorcycle." he whined as he tried pulling me back.

„Let me go." I said through gritted teeth as I turned towards him, the rain hitting my face and wetting my hair.
„Olivia is gonna bloody die because I can't imagine the Shadow Atlas having a remote without guards guarding them."

„I know Y/n but I can't watch you get yourself into danger again! You've been shot!" he called out, his eyes getting dangerously shiny.
„I can't allow myself to let you go this time." he whispered, tears now welling up in his eyes.

„Let me go." I said, my voice shaky and my hand now cupping his cheek.

„Y/n." He mumbled, ignoring my prior words.
„It might be too early for this but I'm not going to lie this time." he continued.
„I love you." Timothée whispered, a single tear falling onto his cheek.

„I'm sorry." I just mumbled and dropped my hand from his cheek as I took a step back from him.
„I'm really sorry." I repeated before I grabbed the helmet that was hanging from the motorcycle's handlebars.
„I really am." I called out, trying to keep my voice stern as I put it on and swung myself onto the seat before I started the engine and drove off as fast as I could, my hands shaky. The sound of him whispering I love you rang in my ears, blurring out the sound of cars and the yells of the driver as he watched me steal his motorcycle. As I turned my head for one second, I could see him just standing there, hair and clothes drenched and water drops running over his face like tears.
I suppose, seeing someone as him, someone who has a flirty and joking personality, so vulnerable made something in me stir, guilt washing over me and drenching me faster than the rain was able to.