936 55 12

pocket full of lightning

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

"i'm so confused."

diego leaned against a chair with his head in his hands, periodically rubbing his eyes.

"shocking," allison muttered, fidgeting with her necklace. sebastian snorted.

viktor straightened. "well, someone killed our mothers, so we shouldn't exist, but clearly we do exist, and the universe can't handle it, which is a problem."

"big problem," five agreed. he clutched his fourth cup of coffee so tightly his knuckles paled.

"yah!" the kid- diego's kid- kicked the air and cheered.

"stanley!" his father yelled. "now is not the time to be doing karate, okay?"

sebastian rolled his eyes and slid down from his place standing beside diego to the floor, where klaus lay with a pillow on his head.

he poked the man with a furrowed brow.

"hrgmph?"

l u t h e r? he spelled out. where?

"who knows, who cares," he sighed, flopping onto his stomach.

sebastian stood and crossed his arms, thinking. luther had gone for a run that morning, and he hadn't returned.

he was snapped out of his reverie by the clattering of wood. stanley held a wooden stick with a guilty expression.

"that's it, i'm telling your mom," diego snapped.

"ooh," the kid sneered.

"wait, where's lila?" five demanded, interrupting.

"shower. i told her she could stay with us."

"wait, when did lila get back?" viktor asked. five just turned and headed for the stairs.

"five, where you going?" diego called.

"to go talk to somebody who only has half her head up her ass. seb?"

sebastian shook his head and gestured to the array of hargreeves' in various states of distress. i'll take babysitting duty.

"hey!" diego protested.

"thanks," five smilled. with that, he left in search of lila.

klaus spoke up as soon as his brother rounded the corner. "hey, quick question-" he struggled to his feet and placed the book on the pool table. "do none of you heartless bastards care about our murdered moms?"

"klaus, the only one that we- well, the umbrellas- knew plugged into a wall," diego sighed, glancing midway through the sentence at sebastian.

the teen shrugged. never even had one.

"oh yeah? well this is my real mother." klaus held the photo to his face. "she's called rachel, and i have her eyes. see?"