1.8K 74 12

changes

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

tires screeched on pavement as five ran several lights in his urgency to get home. they arrived at the academy in record time and luther carried allison inside.

grace set up a makeshift hospital area in the entrance hall, and checked her daughter's vitals. "she's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. one of you will need to give blood.

"i will," all four brothers volunteered. sebastian nodded in agreement and pointed at himself too.

"no, i will."

"i can."

"shut up, i'll do it."

"i'm doing it." luther began rolling up his sleeve.

pogo approached the group. "i'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy," he said. "your blood is more compatible with mine."

klaus saw the horror on luther's face and tried to diffuse the tension. "hey, don't sweat it. i- i got this, big guy." he scurried over to grace. "i love needles."

"master klaus."

he stopped, confused.

"your blood is...how shall i say this? too polluted."

"move," diego said, pushing five and sebastian out of the way. "i'll do it." he rolled up his sleeve and looked to grace.

as soon as she brought out a needle though, he whimpered and passed out.

pogo nodded at the heap of knockoff batman on the floor and spoke calmly to the woman above him. "stick him."

✩ ° . * . ° ✩

diego woke up again ten minutes after giving blood, after passing out once more halfway through. he paced the living room floor while five sat on a couch and sebastian sat at his feet with a chocolate bar. klaus bit his nails in the corner.

"the bastard that nearly killed our sister's still out there, with vanya," diego said as he paced. "we need to go after her."

"vanya is not important," five brushed off.

sebastian craned his neck back to look at five and punched his knee. hey, that's your sister.

diego nodded in agreement. even if he didn't understand sebastian, his indignant face told him everything he needed to know. "a little heartless, even for you, five."

"i'm not saying i don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us...harold jenkins is our first priority."

"i agree. let's go."

five stood, and sebastian followed suit. they walked towards the hallway, but klaus stayed put.

"you guys count me out," he told them, staring at the ground. they stopped. "i mean, you know, no offense or whatever. it's just...i kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."