1.1K 64 6

world's biggest ball of twine

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

the next morning, after lying around for an hour staring at the ceiling, sebastian finally rolled out of bed and got dressed.

he noticed both five and mr. pennycrumb were absent, but a note on the bedside table quickly resolved any worry he held.

'went on a walk. be back soon. -five <3'

he put the paper absently in his pocket and exited the room, ambling down the stairs.

he did not expect to see a child following diego to the buffet as soon as he got down to the main level.

who's the kid? he asked the man as he got closer.

"allegedly, mine."

his eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"yeah. i know."

wait, who's his mom?

"lila."

shit, man.

they made their way over to klaus and five, who were drinking mimosas and watching mr. pennycrumb chase his own tail.

five's already content face lit up when he saw sebastian, and gestured to the seat beside him.

"i don't much care for that one," klaus remarked, referring to lila.

"eh, technically, she's family," five shrugged.

"she was trying to murder us, like, yesterday."

"yeah, like i said. family. diego, is she coming back?"

"well, she goddamn better be, because we've got more important things to be dealing with right now!" he gave his son a dirty look.

sebastian kicked his shin and put his finger to his lips.

he was distracted by someone approaching them. they looked incredibly familiar, and it took him a moment to realize it was vanya.

"where's luther?" she asked.

"who cares?" diego scoffed. "probably out for...a run." he trailed off and stared at his sibling.

"love the haircut," klaus praised. sebastian nodded in agreement and grinned at her.

she returned his warm smile before returning to business. something felt different about how she held herself.

"so i, uh, talked to marcus last night."

"wait, what? you talked with the enemy?" diego sputtered. "by yourself?"

"well somebody had to do something."

"who elected you, vanya?"

he swallowed and looked down. "it's, uh, viktor."

"who's viktor?"