1K 60 0

öga för öga

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

sebastian had been staring at a cup of orange juice for one hour, twenty minutes, and thirty-two seconds. diego and luther were covering elliott's body in the living room while he sat in the kitchen, leg bouncing rapidly.

he had stopped glancing at his watch a few hours before, and was now honed in on the citrus infused drink.

the two brothers hurried into the room and began flipping madly through a phonebook. he ignored them.

he felt sadness swelling inside, but that could wait. sure, he had liked elliott and would miss him quite a bit, but he was more worried about five.

as if he had been summoned by his thoughts, five suddenly blinked into the living room. sebastian ignored luther and diego, who were now calling someone, and rushed out to meet him.

are you okay? he asked as soon as they made eye contact. five was absolutely drenched in blood.

"it's not mine, don't worry," he responded with a hand raised. "sorry i'm late, just had some...buisness to take care of."

sebastian thought for a moment, then his jaw dropped. the board?

"dead."

shit.

"i know, i'm amazing," the boy gloated jokingly. sebastian ruffled his hair, then dragged him to the kitchen.

sure you are.

he looked down and noticed five was clutching a familiar black case.

how did you score a briefcase?

"this was the handler's end of our deal," he explained. "but we have 85 minutes to collect the entire family or this thing leaves without us."

"...dead by nightfall," diego was whispering into a phone. sebastian saw the phonebook now open on the table, and a quick scan of the page told him who they were threatening.

"hey," five interjected once sebastian showed him. "it's 'öga för öga', idiots. swedish for 'an eye for an eye.'" he shrugged off his bloody blazer. "it means the swedes killed elliott."

diego and luther glanced guiltily at each other. "wrong number, have a lovely day," the former said into the phone, tone changing immediately.

the larger man chuckled nervously. "we would've gotten there."

"eventually."

"yeah."

sebastian sat bunched up at the table with his head resting on his knees, watching as five wiggled his way out of his vest as well. his brothers heard the commotion and turned.

"uh, you have some blood on you," luther mentioned.

"a lot of blood, actually," diego added.

"five, what did you do?"

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩