1.9K 78 39

the white violin

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

five and sebastian stumbled through the debris towards the collection of hargreeves'.

"guys," the former called out to them. "this is it. the apocalypse is still on." he held up a newspaper he had found on the ground. "the world ends today."

"i thought you said it was over," luther said.

"i was wrong, okay?" he glimpsed a small smirk on sebastian's face and rolled his eyes. "not a word."

he unfolded the newspaper and showed his siblings. "this newspaper, i found it in the future the day i got stuck. the headline hasn't changed."

"no, that doesn't mean anything," diego insisted. "the time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning."

"you're not listening to me." he rubbed his temples. "when i found it i assumed this place came down along with everything else. but here we are. the moon's still shining, the earth is in once piece, but not the academy."

klaus snatched the paper from him and observed it. "i'm confused..."

"then listen to me, you idiot! vanya destroys the academy before the apocalypse." he shook his head.

vanya? sebastian asked. he felt ben appear behind him and turned to ask again. what does she have to do with this?

"oh yeah, vanya has powers now," ben shrugged. "or- i guess always did?"

sebastian felt klaus looking suspiciously at him, probably because he was talking with the dead which was kind of klaus' thing. thankfully, the rest of the siblings were listening to five rant.

"vanya causes the apocalypse."

"we have to find her," luther told the group.

"no, we gotta go. now!" diego yelled as helicopters flooded the skies above.

luther shouted over the whirring helicopter blades, "regroup at the super star! go!"

sebastian looked at five, confused. he just grabbed his hand and blinked them there.

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

turns out, the super star was a bowling alley. once everyone was accounted for, they all rented bowling shoes and sat by a lane. luther spoke up first.

"look, i hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare."

"for what?" diego demanded.

"to do whatever it takes to stop vanya."

allison, who was thankfully alive but unable to speak, punched luther in the shoulder. hard.

"i-" he started. "we may not have a choice, allison."

"bullshit." diego glared at his brother. "there's always options."

"yeah? like what?" five challenged.

"i don't know."