Chapter 7: A Christmas to Remember

" That's when I realized I just let the love of my life fly away," Gary grumbled. Scott, who was facing the front of the cell and was leaning up against it, said;
"It got so dark."
Gary chuckled. "Trust me, it only gets worse. The year? 1691..."
"--No, no, the Christmas Spirit Orb. Did you see how dark it was getting?" Scott asked.
"Speaking of seeing, you're probably wondering what happened to my eye," Gary said.
"Gary, we've heard that story a million times. Didn't you guys notice that Simon didn't look like Santa Claus. Like, at all?" Stella asked in a weak tone.
"Yeah. He didn't have that gorgeous belly, the beard and everything," Scott replied. "That means the Santa-fication process hasn't begun. He hasn't put the coat on yet!"
"That's because the dummy lost it his first day," Stella replied.
"Yeah, it was a whole hullabaloo," Gary chimed in.
"That's how we fix this. He's not officially Santa without the coat on. So we just find that coat, we can change all of this," Scott said in a hushed tone before he heard a whirring sound. Scott turned his head and saw one of the drones spying on them through the doorway. Gary and Stella went to stand up. Scott shushed them as they walked over. Scott cleared his throat.
"Do you think that drone can hear us?" Scott asked.
"Well, considering that–"
"--Hey, drone! Did you hear our plan about getting to the Santa coat before Simon does?" Gary asked, loudly. Scott and Stella stared at Gary, their jaws agape as the drone beeped and flew away. "Yeah, it heard."
"I should've promoted Kenny as chief," Stella muttered. Gary turned to her and growled at her.
"Really?" Scott asked, sarcastically.

Holly-Joy and Nicholas wandered around the North Pole, keeping their heads low and tried to look for anything or anyone that would help them with their plan.
"I wonder if Noel is still here," Nicholas muttered. Just then, they heard the sound of sad singing.
"♪We wish you a Betty Christmas, We wish you a Betty Christmas♪ ♪ We wish you a Betty Christmas And a Betty New Year♪"
"Follow that sad voice," Holly-Joy said as she pointed in the direction the voice was coming from. They followed it all the way to Betty's office. The singing stopped and they heard voices. Holly-Joy stopped Nicholas with her arm and the two of them peaked the corner. They saw Nana Carol, Aunt Sandra and Uncle Cal comforting Noel who was curled up on top of Betty's desk.
"Noel, we came to help you save Christmas," Carol said to a crying Noel.
"Who cares about Christmas? Betty's gone and there are no more elves," Noel cried.
"--Correction!" Nicholas yelled as he turned the corner and entered Betty's office. Holly-Joy went to grab Nicholas' arm but he pulled her along with him.
"There are elves, just not pure elves," Nicholas said. Just then, both Holly-Joy and Nicholas' ears went from normal to pointy due to the fact that the mist they wore to Kribble Krabble wore off. Everyone looked over at them in surprise.
"Holly-Joy? Nicholas? What in the world are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?" Carol asked. 
"We should, but we know Mom is dying along with Christmas Spirit and we came to help her and kick fake Santa's butt!" Nicholas yelled. Holly-Joy groaned in embarrassment.
"O–okay?" Carol said, confused.
"Look, Nana Carol. I knew Mom was getting sick ever since she started having those chest pains. I knew something was wrong and when Dad called us and told us to pack, that's when I sensed something was horribly wrong. I feared Mom was worse and I wanted to come here to see if I could fix the problem or try and help her somehow. Bethlehem is nowhere in sight of the sky because she's so weak. We have to do something," Holly-Joy stressed.
"Okay, okay. It'll be alright, we'll think of something," Carol said as she brought both of her grandkids in a hug. "And your mom should be here. If your grandpa Scott is here, so is she," Carol said.
"Speaking of which, we can't find them anywhere," Sandra told Noel.
"They're... They're close. I can... I can sense it. But I feel they're both trapped," Cal spoke up.
"Trapped?!" Noel gasped. "Not my besties," he said in a distorted voice.
"What the–"
"All right. Let's go. Follow me," Cal said excitedly before he turned around and ran straight for the door.
"Head!" Carol yelled right as Cal hit his head on the top of the doorway. Holly-Joy and Nicholas groaned as Sandra and Carol caught him. Everyone shushed each other as they headed out of the office.