Chapter Twenty Seven. Stitch Myself Up And I'd Do It Again

// So I hope you like this one! //

Izzy got up and rolled on the bed carefully, expecting to bump into Philip's body as every morning but today she didn't find him next to her, it made her feel uneasy, she didn't panic because she hadn't gone anywhere near Bill in the past few days. She agreed to go out with him for lunch, she accepted his roses –which she hated–, she accepted happily to go with him to Saturday's football match; so she didn't worry about that.

She rubbed her eyes and lied in her bed in the pillow for a few seconds as she stared up at the ceiling telling herself it was alright, every morning she had to tell herself that things were going to be alright. She got out of bed and put on her robe as she put the slippers on and went to the bathroom, brushing her hair quietly and throwing some water on her face, she noticed there were a couple of towels missing on the rack behind her so she knew Philip had woken up a while ago. As she walked back to the room she found her phone and looked at the time. It was almost 10:00 am.

She tied a bow on the side of her robe and walked downstairs, she saw Lea walk past her with the laundry in her hands.

"Morning, Lea." She said with a small smile.

"Good morning."

She saw her walking up the stairs.

"Do you know where Philip is?" Lea nodded and pointed at the dining room to the left.

"In the living room, Ma'am."

"Thanks." She walked into the living room, finding Philip sitting in the corner of the long glass table. She reached out to put her hands on his shoulders as he looked down at some papers he was reading intently. He instantly put his left hand over her as she stood next to him tilting her head to see what he was reading. "Good morning, why didn't you wake me? It's so late already..." She said.

"Morning, I thought you looked tired last night." Philip said as he turned the pages.

"I was tired, yes, thanks." Izzy moved the paper on the table and leaned down to read. "What is this? Shouldn't you be in the office?"

"Yeah, I just had to bring this to you; I need you to sign it." He turned to look at her.

"Yeah, of course, I'll just read it first then." She ignored his stare and tried to pick up the folder with the papers inside, stopped by his hand over hers.

"Should I remind you that you said you would do anything I asked you?" He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to his side. Izzy nodded as he pulled her closer and picked up the pen in the table, offering it to her. Izzy's arm around his shoulders stiffened as she pretended to smile.

"I will sign it, Phil, but you're talking to a law student...I will have to read it first!" She gave him one of her best fake smiles. Philip didn't smile at her though.

"It doesn't matter, Izzy, just sign it. You can read it later." He put the pen in front of her face.

"At least tell me what I'm signing?" She proposed as she looked down at the papers on the table. She frowned as she read the first couple of lines. "A proxy? Who am I giving rights to handle my properties to? I don't even have many-" She cut herself midsentence as she remembered the conversation she had had with Philip, when they talked about how he had to get her to marry him no matter what. "I can't sign this now, I...you have to let me go through it..." She said, in an attempt to get time, there were so many things wrong with him asking her to sign that paper.

"Elizabeth, just sign it." He muttered as she shook her head and took a step back.

"No, I'll read it first." She let her arms fall. "I'll-"