Chapter Five. Smiling at Everything

So I am having technical issues with wattpad, Idk wtf but anyway, here's tonight's chapter (Short for some reason) and I only hope you like it because I've been trying to upload for about twenty minutes! (Grrrr!)

Anyway, thanks for reading and voting, love your comments...

ENJOY!

Bill and Georg talked to the person in charge of selling the tickets. It was a young man. Bill was eager to ask him some questions.

"Hello, can we have a moment with you?" He showed the man his badge and he nodded. "Were you working on the night of the 23th?"

"Yes..." His brows furrowed.

"Did you sell a ticket to this man?" Georg asked him with seriousness as he showed him a picture of Albert Fruhman.

"I might have done it, yes." He nodded. "But I'm not..." He saw so many people every day, he thought he might have seen it, but wasn't entirely sure. "He might have been here."

"Do you remember what time did you see him? Nothing too exact... just...a guess." Bill asked him.

"Perhaps...I don't know... but I worked the afternoon shift that week. He should have been here between 6:00 and 9:00."

"Thanks." Georg said, knowing they wouldn't get anything else from the man.

***

Izzy smiled at Philip, she was now trying not to make a fool of herself with the tennis racquet. On the weekend she watched him play and it turned out he was fairly good, he made it into the semi-finals.

"Do you need some help with that?" She looked down at her white tennis; she was in need of a little lesson on how to serve.

"I sort of have no idea of what I'm doing..." Izzy chuckled and let her arm drop as Gi and her boyfriend gave each other a look. Everyone in the court knew a little bit of the game but she was useless. "Am I supposed to hit some square in particular?"

"Yeah..." Philip chuckled and walked to her, he took the yellow ball from her hand as she remembered she had another two in the pocket of her skirt. "Do this." He acted as if he was about to throw the ball to the other side, but only touched the ball slightly with his racquet.

"Alright, I'll try..." She said and pulled at the hem of her shirt.

She tried it twice before she got the ball on the other side, and even though it had been outside the small square they kept playing.

Philip smiled and put his arm around Izzy's shoulders.

"Great game." He said. "If you ever find the time, you could be really good."

"Nah, I prefer my kickboxing classes, thanks." She announced; Gi nodded to that.

"Of course, you're a tough cookie, I forgot!" He joked with a side smile on his face.

"Hey!" A stranger yelled and approached the small group of friends. "Hey, how are you? Didn't know you had a membership here..." He said to Izzy.

"I'm sorry, what's your name?" She asked as kindly as she could.

"Mike." His eyes narrowed and she shook her head as she tried to remember seeing his face ever before.

"I'm sorry." She said and played with her pony tail rolling and twirling her hair between her fingers.

"Oh, sorry... I'm...sorry." He said and left.

"Did you know him?" Philip asked her. She shook her head. "No, but it's not the first time." She shrugged.

"It's weird." Gi complained. "Well, we're going out for lunch with his parents so...see you around!" She waved the other two.

"Would you like to go for lunch then?" Philip asked her. Izzy thought about it for a moment before shrugging.

"Yeah, of course."

Izzy walked in front of him to get her bag. When Philip turned to her he noticed some pale scars on her shoulder and as he turned down to his bag he couldn't help to notice the scars on her legs too.

"Do you like climbing?" He asked, too embarrassed of asking her directly for the scars. She shook her head with a smile and then turned to him with the bag hanging from her shoulder.

"No. Why?" He shook his head.

"Just wondering."

"You know, I am worried about Albert. He was a pretty decent mate." She said to him as they walked to the parking lot. "I can't believe he's dead..."

"It's normal, I guess. No one expects something like that to happen to anyone." Izzy wondered if maybe Albert was still alive when he was left in campus. It made her sad to think that maybe he had a chance but there was no one to help him, like she had been helped. "But let's forget about it for a while, alright?" Philip smiled down at her noticing her worried expression. She gave him a little smile.

"I'd like that." Izzy said, they had gotten to his car already.

"Don't you think it is so weird? How we've known each other for years and now..." Philip put the bags in the boot and turned to her as he closed it.

"And now?" Izzy's brows furrowed.

Philip thought of how to act with her, she was weird: different from any other he'd met, and he'd met plenty girls... She was sweet, honest and kind but sometimes she doubted of him, of anyone really. Izzy was very aware of the intentions of the people around her. He decided on being smooth, he grabbed her hand without standing too close to her; she immediately tensed up as her expression turned unreadable and serious.

"Now we're here. Together." He gave her a warm smile and looked down at their hands. "We could be together...for real."

"As in...?" Izzy didn't speak as normal, but her voice sounded strained.

"I get the feeling you don't get this very often." Philip chuckled. "I'm saying we could be a couple." He felt like a kid.

"I don't get it often." She said. Izzy felt confused, she didn't know what she was supposed to say. She thought he was nice and patient, she believed he was a good man, but... what did couple do? What was she supposed to say now? She didn't want to be on her own all her life but she also felt like having a boyfriend was a big risk. She didn't want to get herself into something bad. "I don't... I..." Izzy bit her lip and blushed as she confessed what she was thinking right then. "I don't know how any of this works."

"Well, if you want to...you can tell me if you'd like it." Philip said nonchalantly.

Izzy guessed she could try things with him; Gi would have her back; so she nodded.

"We could try it."

"Alright." Philip smiled at himself as she smiled at him with shyness. She gave his hand a light squeeze and reached out to kiss his cheek. That was the closest she had ever gotten to him, but it seemed to be a great step for them. "Come on then, I'm starving!"

"Okay." She followed him as he went to open the door for her.