Chapter One. Chain Reaction

Bill sat with Georg in the interrogation room, they were not interrogating anyone, they were talking to Matt Gilbert's girlfriend, a boy that had gone missing and whom the girl was worried about, she was just telling them that he always texted her after he got out of class, but he hadn't texted her on Wednesday and then his roommate hadn't seen him either. She was worried and she had reasons to, it had been almost a week and no one had seen the guy, he was big and he was kind of popular in school so someone had to notice he was missing, now they were trying to figure out where he was, Bill and Georg were put on the case because of one reason: there were no clues until now and those two were amazing at finding those where there seemed to be no hope.

Bill stepped out of there as Georg showed the girl to the exit, he sat in his desk and stared typing in the computer, the boy was in law school and had no records so there was a lot to be investigated, for once, he would call his parents in Bradford and try to see if the police there could go around and check if the boy hadn't made an impromptu trip back home.

Georg walked back and leaned on Bill's desk, it had been a while now since they knew each other and worked together so he was aware of his colleague's odd behaviour since last Friday night, he stared down at him with curious eyes.

"What?" Bill shot him a glare, not wanting the attention.

"Is this about the club girl?" He asked him. Bill shook his head. "Alright... Tom!" Tom was sitting in his desk writing a file for a robbery from the day before. He jerked up and turned around to see Georg smiling a little in his direction. "Why is your brother getting his panties in a bunch?"

"First of all, because he wears them." Tom mocked him. Bill turned to him with a dead stare directed at his twin brother. "It's about the Fuller girl, right? She did look a lot like Eli-"

"Don't." Bill cut him off. "She was nothing like her, shut up."

"You know what; I bet she's in the system or in Facebook at least..." Georg leaned down and pushed Bill away from the computer, he typed the girl's name as Tom yelled it for him. "Erin Fuller!" Georg tried it on the system but nothing came up.

"Is there another spelling for that?" Georg thought about it for a second and then typed "Eryn" instead and there were a couple of pictures showed on the screen. "Well, bingo!" He said and then read her little file out loud. Tom got up and walked to the other two as the rest of the policemen and detectives ignored them, already used to them by now. "Eryn Grace Fuller. Born blah, blah, blah... so she's 21 and she's got one arrest for-oh, okay, I may like this girl." Tom snorted.

"She was arrested for flashing people? Seriously?"

"Hey, whatever suits you!" Tom shook his head.

"Listing, you are really fucked up, you know?" Georg shrugged.

"I've heard." He turned to Bill. "What is it?"

Bill scrolled down and kept reading, he noticed something but didn't tell the others as he got up and decided he needed to find out. Tom stopped him almost at the exit and gave him the small invitation.

"What is this? Why in the hell would I go to this... thing?" He didn't know why his brother was giving him an invitation to an event for some sort of women's right's foundation.

"You shouldn't make so many questions, just please go." Tom said.

Bill nodded and put the invitation inside his coat's pocket.

Izzy walked behind Gi into her aunt's house, it was a home almost as big as her father's and she was used to the cream coloured walls and more welcoming sweetness of this house.