Chapter Ten. Like it's Somebody Else

// I don't even know, take it easy with this one! //

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it." Nicholas Sparks

Izzy tried to avoid Bill as much as she could because she just didn't need to have the confusion in her life at that moment, she wanted to feel like that new different person she felt like whenever she was with Philip. She dealt with Lia's confession in silence and on her own but she had no idea of what to do about her "twin sister". Bill had insisted that she should meet her but since she was avoiding Bill's calls he ended up going to her apartment again. This time she had been there on her own with her little Benji, the dog who somehow had become Gi's.

Izzy had never been so mad at him and she had never yelled at Bill, except for the last time they saw each other when she was seventeen, then she had yelled that she would never forgive him but now Bill was caught by surprise when she stood her ground and told him to leave her alone.

"If you ever cared you are going to leave. Now, Bill!" She instructed him before he took a step forward and tried to touch her. She stepped back and gave him a stern look as if to say no to him. "Leave me alone, I got the hint at campus, you don't want anything to do with me and I don't want anything to do with you, so just leave."

"That is not..." Bill was cut off by a pissed off Elizabeth, one he hadn't seen before, one that got what she wanted.

"Well that is exactly what I want you to do now. Leave. Don't call and don't come here. Is it really hard to understand, detective?" She spit out the word detective. "Please." Elizabeth opened the door for him and waited as he made his way outside. Bill couldn't help but think that maybe he had made a move too late the past week.

"Have it your way." He said as he stepped out.

Bill had been mad, even when Tom had him go to their mother's birthday party. He hated to think that maybe he had pushed her too far and she had finally decided on turning his words on him.

He had always had the bad habit of being messy, even with people. It was rare that he kept contact with friends and family, his mother was no exception, Tom always annoyed him asking him if he'd talked to their mother and urging him to call her. It wasn't his intention, Bill just kept forgetting.

From the time he had shared a dorm with Tom to the present not much had changed.

He had always been very messy but now it was just ridiculous. Bill had a big pile of papers on the coffee table and even though he claimed to know exactly where everything was, Tom always found it annoying and Emma -Tom's girlfriend and Bill's best friend- avoided visiting his place as much as possible.

There were very few things that the blonde showed, he never really showed kindness because he didn't want to strike people as a "goody two shoes" or something, he was a firm believer that his actions would speak for themselves; but he had good intentions no matter how harsh or how rude he might sound to anyone. He only hated how he had to get mad at people when he needed something from them that he couldn't get by himself. He hated how he depended on his brother, and it was for life.

But what could he do now he depended on Izzy? It had always been the girls who depended on him when he was in high school.

His two previous girlfriends had chased him around until he decided on taking them on a date. Bill was used to not call and not pay much attention to girls, but now he was concerned, picking up the phone more often, getting pissed off whenever she didn't answer - which always was the case nowadays - and staring at the phone screen to check for missing calls.