Chapter Twenty Four. Light Years Away

// A little more of Eryn on this chapter, hope you like it!

I also leave you with Izzy (left) and Eryn's(right) pictures! //

Izzy and Georg stepped out of the car and knocked on the door. A young looking man with light brown hair opened the door and wiped his runny nose as he eyed them up.

"Sorry, whatever you're selling we are no..." Georg pulled out his badge and Izzy played stupid as she didn't have one.

"We're with the police, Detective Listing and Col-Parker." Georg corrected himself quick as the man raised a brow.

"I just got married." She explained with a small smile on her face. "Could we come in?" She asked taking a step forward.

"Actually... no. My girlfriend is not having a good time." He stepped out of the house and closed the door behind his back. "What do you want? I already spoke with the blonde one."

"Uhm..." Izzy didn't know exactly what to ask, so she improvised. "I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend... may I ask, what happened?" She looked at his face; the man was shorter than her, like most men.

"A miscarriage... She's having a hard time." He said and snorted, wiping his nose again with the back of his hand, both Izzy and Georg noticed.

"My god! When did it happen?" Izzy put her hand over her heart.

"It's been three weeks since." The man said looking away with tears in his eye. "It would have been a boy."

"I'm very sorry." Izzy turned to look at Georg and corrected herself. "We're very sorry." She asked Georg to give her the folder and pulled out a picture of the smiling Henry Jensen and showed it to him. "I know they must have shown you this picture already, but we need to take him home. His mother is sick now, leukaemia." The man looked at the picture. "Matthew, right?" He nodded with his eyes on the picture; he wiped his nose once again. "We're looking for him. Do you know anything?"

"No I-No..." He gave the picture back.

Izzy asked him for his alibi as Georg excused himself to walk away and answer the incoming from Bill.

The kid found wasn't Henry; it had been identified as a missing one since last September. Georg asked him to go to another suspect's house and then texted Eryn, when he looked up Izzy was walking to him. She turned around to see Matthew Godfrey stepping back into his small house.

"He's got a runny nose." She said.

"Well, poor man, he suffers from allergies..." Georg shrugged and put his phone away as they reached the car. "Bill called, it wasn't Henry." Izzy sighed and looked generally relieved.

"Thank God. I don't think he has allergies." She sat inside the car as Georg did. "When I was away, in the centre, there were a couple of coke addicts getting treatment." She explained, Georg had no idea what she was going to say next. "They had this greasy, messy hair and they always looked sweaty and dirty...like... they looked sick."

"Ok, that was a shitty experience for you, I get it." He started the car and Izzy groaned in response as she buckled up.

"You don't get it. When you snort that stuff regularly you get a runny nose. They had that too. Matthew had that too. And, isn't it weird that he didn't let us in? I mean, everyone lets you in, right?"

"Unless they're hiding something." Georg replied, receiving Izzy's stare. "Alright, where do we go next?"

"Did you check his alibi?" Georg nodded. "He said he was working, where does he work?"