Epilogue

EPILOGUE | TOGETHER FOREVER

EPILOGUE | TOGETHER FOREVER...HOWEVER LONG THAT IS

***

IF MAISIE COULD SWEAT...HER ROBE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE BEEN RUINED BY NOW.

She was nervous, fuck she was insanely nervous, if she had a heart she would have gone into cardiac arrest from how fast it was beating. She paced back and forth in the small room in Sam Uley's home — it might have been a little awkward getting ready in the home of her used-to-be enemy, but in the seven months since the confrontation with the Volturi the Cullens and the Quileute Tribe reached a much better understanding. All of it was thanks to Jacob's connection with Renesmee and Paul's connection with her, the Tribe rules forbid them from harming an Imprint and by extension, those the Imprint cared about.

Maisie found herself infinitely more comfortable with the wolves now, she wouldn't call them friends by any chance — she'd maybe dare to call Jacob her frenemy...when he wasn't annoying — but she could admire their strength and conviction to their beliefs. And she was grateful for the Uleys allowing her to use their home to get ready. Alice, on the other hand, was less than thrilled about the whole idea, but considering all of the others things about this wedding that she didn't agree with this was one of the lesser evils.

Allowing Alice to plan the event had been both a blessing and a curse, she was very insistent and actually — kinda terrifyingly — had a whole scrapbook of wedding ideas specifically curated around Maisie that she'd had for years. It did make things a little easier, but seeing as her betrothed wasn't what Alice had ever imagined many things needed to be changed. There was a disagreement about the location, the officiant, the guests...and the dress, all of which Maisie ended up winning thanks to Jasper's amazing ability to reason with his wife. And the constant reminder that this was Maisie's wedding, and she wasn't as laid back as Bella and would give her free reign of the planning like she had. Paul was a little less intense, only standing his ground against the pixie vampire when Maisie insisted that he should. It was his wedding too after all, and if he didn't want to wear a bright orange tux...then he absolutely would not be.

Alice sure didn't hide her disgust as she entered the room Maisie was pacing in, her nose turned up in disgust as the smell of dog permeated the entire home. She had gotten over her issues with the wolves but there were still increments of her detest for them that crept through, she held Maisie's dress in a bag high up off the floor, and Rosalie, Ariel, and Bella entered the room behind her already wearing the baby blue outfits that Alice had agreed on.

"Are you sure this is where you want to get married?" she looked around the room, it was a simple office probably something that Sam used to keep track of his auto shop finances but otherwise was left collecting dust. They had set up a small and simple vanity which Rosalie guided her to before she got the chance to answer Alice's question.

"We're getting married on the beach, Alice, not in this house," Maisie rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to chew on her lip nervously — a habit she had unfortunately picked up from Bella, who still carried that human characteristic —, "It's only a few minutes walks to our spot, so this was logically the best place to get ready, we should be grateful to Sam and Emily." Alice huffed and got busy straightening out the dress and Rosalie got ready to do her hair, Ariel began with a light makeup look, and Bella just stood idly by.