2.12

CHAPTER TWELVE PROTECTOR

***

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE PAUL WOULD PROBABLY SPEND ALL OF HIS TIME AT THE BEACH WITH MAISIE.

On the outside their relationship was moving quite fast, he'd quickly become attached to his Imprint now that they were together romantically. Far too long he'd spent trying to ignore the pull and now that he had the girl he loved within reach, he'd never be letting her go. 

But unfortunately there were still pack duties, so the time he wished was spent with his girlfriend (...every time he thought of her as that he got an insane urge of flutters in his stomach) was spent at Emily and Sam's with the other's. He still loved them all, they were his best friends but there was a very prominent rift torn between them now that he's given into his Imprint urges. 

Though his biggest problem was Jacob Black.

"Glad to see you've decided to show up," the younger wolf mocked when he walked in through the front door, Quill and Embry trailed behind their best friend already sending Paul a pointed look. Jacob had been on edge since the wedding, taking his frustrations out on everyone not just Paul, "I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't eaten you yet."

Paul rolled his eyes, "Shut up Jacob." 

Though Jacob completely ignored him and reached for one of the muffins Emily sat out on the table and taking a bite out of it as he obnoxiously said, "Though she's probably too busy fucking around with others to be busy with you?"

Embry and Quill tensed in unison as they watched Paul look up from his own muffin at the boy in front of him, "What?" 

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Come on, you saw the way she acts around the others. I've seen you think about it. The creepy one especially, what's his name? Jasper? They're pretty close don't you think? Maybe too close."

He was only echoing Paul's inner thoughts too him, he'd seen how close Maisie was to the other vampires. How well she got along with Jasper and Edward and while he knew better to think there was anything too it the mere chance of it made him feel crazy. And Jacob was not helping. "Jacob cut it out." Embry said sensing Paul rising anger. He'd always been the quickest to agitate out of all of them, and it wouldn't take very much for him to shift right there in the kitchen.

"What's Maisie doing right now?" the way Jacob said her name made a growl rip from Paul's throat, though he didn't seem to notice as he continued. Embry pulled out his phone to call for Sam while Quill tried to nudge Jacob away and back out the door, "Give her a call, I bet he'll pick up instead."