1.5

CHAPTER FIVE SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE

---

       PAUL LAHOTE WAS feeling a million different things at once. He was confused, scared, but most of all he was fucking pissed. He was a notorious hot head, angry at the world for most things, but this time he was angry at himself and his wolfs stupid imprint.

       Imprinting on a vampire should've been impossible, it was impossible. They were mortal enemies, he was created as the perfect weapon to destroy her. Yet...he was bonded to her for life, as a brother, a friend, or a lover. Paul thought he might be sick.

       He tried to escape from the pack before anyone brought it up, stay hidden away in his house where no one would come looking for him because of his father. Maybe he'd go hide out in the woods, follow Jacob's path towards the border and think it out, but he already felt the Imprint pulling him across the treaty line where he knew the vampire to be. Sam was on him in an instant, shifting out of his wolf form as soon as they were safe behind his house and glaring down at Paul.

       The younger wolf whimpered and shifted at Sam's insistence, he was unable to resist his alpha's orders. Jared, who had been with the two of them at the river, shifted as well looking between the two of them with a worried look.

       "Sam...how is this possible?" Paul silently thanked Jared for being the first to speak, despite hearing the thoughts circling in his best friends head and knowing that they weren't great, "She's a vampire!"

       "I noticed." Sam snapped dark eyes never leaving Paul, "We saw the Imprint through your mind, it was no different than mine or Jared's-" he let out a frustrated sigh, "Embry's gone to get the elders, we should go too."

       Finally; Paul was feeling mortified. Why did it have to be him? Of all people! He had to be the one to Imprint on a vampire when he never wanted to Imprint in the first place. He knew for sure now that the universe was out to get him.

       The elders had convinced Billy Black's house making it easier for the older man and his wheelchair, especially now that his son was M.I.A because of Cullen's wedding. Billy, Old Quil, and Sue Clearwater were sat around the table waiting for them. The older woman gave Paul a kind, reassuring smile despite the frown very prominent on her daughter, Leah's face. A quick glance around the room told the hot-headed wolf that Seth Clearwater, the youngest wolf in the pack, was not in attendance for the meeting.

       "Are you absolutely positive it was an Imprint?" Billy asked, and though Paul was standing right next to his alpha the question was directed towards Sam. He couldn't deny that it was slightly frustrating...he was right there! He could answer his own damn questions. Despite being able to very clearly hear his frustrated thoughts Sam didn't even look his way instead directed to the elder.