2.14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN THE DISASTER

***

ROSALIE DECIDED TO STAY BACK AT THE HOUSE WHEN CARLISLE AND ALICE ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WOULD BE LEAVING TO PICK EDWARD AND BELLA UP.

It would likely have been suspicious if Rosalie insisted on joining them since everyone knew that the blonde didn't really like Bella's incredible talent of getting herself in all kinds of trouble. When she and Maisie had gotten a moment alone to talk they agreed that Rosalie would get things ready at the house for when Bella get's back (...wanting to keep the likely stressed human as comfortable as possible) and Maisie would go with. Using the excuse of needing to be away from Forks for a little while. 

Neither Carlisle or Alice questioned her as she slid in the backseat of the doctor's car. She didn't say anything to either of them the entire drive. Not that either of them were up for much talking, a million different thoughts running through their heads as they debated what the next course of action would be if Bella really ends up being pregnant.

She was surprised by how short the trip to the little airport in Port Angeles was, and soon Maisie was trailing behind the two towards where Bella and Edward agreed to meet. She was surrounded by dozens of people and decided to just hold her breath, making her posture stiff and unwelcoming. Everything was going perfectly as planned until Alice suddenly stopped in her tracks, her golden eyes glazed over and her face was unintentionally showing her surprise.

"Maisie what..." Alice wasn't given a chance to even finish her question when Maisie spotted Edward in the crowd. It wasn't that hard as many people had stopped to glance at him, completely thrown off by the strangely furious expression on his face. But her entire attention was on the clumsy human walking about a pace in front of him, looking lost and dead exhausted. 

The psychic reached out a hand to stop Maisie from weaving through the crowd but she was too fast, moving at an almost inhumane speed she could see the furious look on Edward's face morph into one of betrayal as her thoughts gave her away to the mind reader. "What the hell do you think your doing?" he asked, Maisie stopped at Bella's side and wrapped a cold arm around the human's small frame. Pretending not to notice the shiver that went down Bella spine.

"I  asked her to come," Bella said quietly, wanting to avoid a fight from breaking out between the two vampires in the middle of the airport, "I want her to be here."

"Her and Rosalie have been conspiring behind our backs." Alice said her and Carlisle finally meeting them having walked at a slow human pace to get there. The small vampire turned her glare onto Maisie, "What do you plan to accomplish with this?"

Maisie shrugged her shoulder allowing a mocking grin to pass by her pretty face, "Just doing what was asked of me, someone's gotta listen to Bella right?"