Chapter 12

The hallways always echo with your footsteps. You were starting to get used to the sound.

Instead of having your head angle towards the ground, it was actually up and looking around.

Were the hallways always this dim?

You look straightforward towards 049. More specifically, his robe. How it gently flows as the two of you walk. Every now and then stopping to open the next door before continuing.

Until he opens the next door, where you expect him to continue to walk forward, but he stops, you almost bumping into him in the process. "Huh?" You look past him.

A diffrent hallway greets the both of you two. A red light to the left of the hallway with a indent was there.

049 seems to not think much of it, but the second he took a step into the room, the lights turns off for a second, before turning back on, revealing a monstrosity.

You took in a sharp breath at the sight, not knowing what the 'fucking fuck' that thing was. You quickly -without thinking- yank 049 back to the other room and shut the door.

There was a silence as you recovered from the heart attack that thing gave you, before looking at 049.

"Well that was... unexpected. I suppose we'll have to find another way." He comments.

You nod without saying anything and stood up straight. 049 turns around and went to the door on the left insteed.

Although it wasn't a hallway, it seems to be a locked storage room, blocked by a keycard scanner. "Ah. Well I don't think this room can be of use to us, since we aren't in possession of a keycard." He says as he turns around half way.

"I have one." You comment, pulling it out of your D-Class pocket.

"Ah." He hums.

You put it onto the scanner, and it made a beep in success. The door opens as you put the keycard back in your pocket.

Inside seems to be almost just like the one back in the tunnels, but there were diffrent things on the shelves. You examine the ones on the left while 049 did the right.

You didn't really find anything of interest. You turn around to see 049 examining a paper.

You walk up behind him and peer over his shoulder.

"Hmm..." He notice your presence behind him. "It seems that entity we saw in that hallway is affected by eyesight."

"What?" You ask.

"It means that as long as we keep direct eye contact with it, it cannot move. It's referred to as SCP-173." He says.

You raise an eye brow at that.

SCP?

Thank God that he didn't see your face as he was still reading the paper.

You fix your face when he set the paper back down.

"So..." You say, dragging out the 'o'.

"We can walk past the SCP, as a matter of fact." He said as he faced you.

Eye contact.

"Uhh..." How are his eyes so pretty?  "We could."

He gave a single nod. "Let's be off then."

He again turns around and went for the door as you follows.

You both walk back to the door where you saw 173. 049 turns his head to make sure you were behind him, before he took a breath in and opens the door.

The statue was still in the same place as you saw it. You stare at it without blinking, when you notice 049 starts walking forward.

You quickly follow him, keeping your gaze on the thing the entire time, before 049 pulls you into the next room and shut the door.

You blink right when the door closes, and let the breath that you didn't know you were holding in go.

"Well, that was Interesting." 049 comments. "Let us be on our way then."

"Yeah..."

He starts walking again, and you follow.

What is this place...?

End of Chapter 12