Chapter 37: A Serious Sit Down

---------------Percy's POV: ------------------

"-Don't forget, if you need help with homework, all you need to do is ask" I said, Damien nodding while rolling his eyes, though I noted his small smile he tried to hide behind his ice cream.

"Of course, Percy, you've already told me." He took a deep breath as the two of us walked into the house, leaving Jason in the garage to finish putting away his bike. "Thanks Percy, I really... I appreciate it." I smiled.

"Of course, Damien." I quickly pulled him into a hug, letting him go after a moment. "Now go to your room, to my knowledge you still have school tomorrow." Damein nodded, giving me a brief goodbye before heading up the stairs.

I allowed my gaze to linger on the stairs as my smile slowly lowered.

I knew I had to talk to Bruce, there's no way this could go unaddressed.

Before I could turn to head to the dining room I turned when the door opened, Jason coming in with a still angry yet calmed look. He turned his attention to me, walking over but keeping his distance.

He hesitated momentarily before beginning. "Thanks Percy, I'm..." he seemed to be struggling to say something. "I'm glad you're here to help out." He didn't say anything else, instead turning off to go up the stairs.

"You're welcome! And I'll see what I can do about getting you a snack!" I swear I could see a smile appear on his face as he turned to walk down the hall.

With Jason gone I turned to the dining room, walking inside only to be met with an unexpected force. I didn't remember a wall being there.

Before I could really think it through I was already heading towards the ground, until I wasn't, a hand grabbing my own as I hung at an odd angle. I looked over to see a slightly worried Bruce.

"I'm sorry," he lifted me back to my feet, the sudden rush of almost falling leaving my heart beating faster than I'd like. "Is Damein's event still happening, I just got off the call and if we can still-"

"Bruce." I said with a calming tone, forcing him to shut his mouth and purse his lips. "The meeting's over." I could see the disappointment wash over his face as he let out a defeated sigh.

"Right," He replied, turning briefly to glance at his work.

I allowed him a moment to process before he turned back. "We need to talk, alright? Maybe in your office, but definitely not in the dining room. Bruce paused a moment before nodding, turning to walk towards the stairs as I followed him. We walked in silence, the only sound being the sounds of our footsteps padding against the flooring beneath us until we reached his office.

Once inside I had him sit on one couch as I sat on the opposite one.

"We need to talk about this work thing." Bruce pursed his lips momentarily as he nodded. "You can't keep allowing work to take over your homelife, you need something other than business 24/7." I took a deep breath, "Your kids need something other than business 24/7. Alfred can't do everything for them, they're gonna need you as well." Bruce's fingers began to fiddle as he looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry, I really did mean to go to the parent teacher conference today, truly. I guess I just got caught up and-"

"I understand Bruce, you don't need to apologize to me." I said, shaking my head slightly. "Trust me, I get how this whole thing is stressful on you as well, but things like today are what truly matter to them." I tried to give him a reassuring smile. "I mean Damein was ecstatic when he was reading me his essay, and gods, it was spectacular, you truly know how to raise a kid right." I continued, trying my best to reassure him, "But I know for a fact that I wasn't the one he wanted to read that too." Bruce's look went a bit more upset.

I sat up, walked over and sat beside him, nudging him in the side slightly.

"I know that you're juggling a busy schedule, trust me, I've seen it first hand, but sometimes adjustment's need to be made for the well being of you and your kids. As you guys love to tell me, if you need a break, take it. I'm not the only one in this household to which that phrase applies." Bruce let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "So, if you need help, and you don't want to hire someone, then just tell me, okay? I know I'm not exactly trained but if it really gets so bad, I'm willing to learn to help out, you're not alone in this." Bruce looked over with a small smile, one I happily returned.

"Thank you Percy, I appreciate it." I nodded, nudging him again.

"I got to say though, you really should ask Damein about his paper, it was really impressive." Bruce smiled again, nodding. "Now go," I shoved his back, forcing him to get up. "Go spend time with Damien, and try and make it up to him this weekend."

Bruce turned around, slightly confused. "This weekend?"

I smirked. "The dance battle."

————————-
894 words

The reason this chapters all short is because I writing this in science class so I'm sorry, but I hope you enjoyed lol. Have a great morning, day, or night!
-R