Chapter 33: The Yellow Shirt May Not Fit

------------------Percy's POV: ---------------

I was fine.

Not great, not bad, but fine.

I'd picked up my medication earlier today and while I'd hoped I could blame my tardiness on that, it would be a lie.

I hurried down the street, keeping the jacket wrapped tightly around me as I only hoped it'd insulate a bit more heat in order to keep me from freezing. I was so cold that I could feel my teeth chattering in my skull, making for quite an annoying sound.

While I wasn't too glad to be freezing, I was definitely happy to have a distraction, especially when it was with Bruce.

I nearly let out a breath of relief when I spotted the restaurant, picking up the pace as I finally made it to the beautiful place.

I didn't need to go inside to know that this place was fancy, the outside told me everything I needed to know, making me glad I'd dressed up tonight. I quickly pulled myself together, relishing in the warmth from my jacket before I took it off, the immediate loss of the heat being very apparent as all the hair on my arms stood to attention, a shiver ripping through me as I tried my best to get inside as quickly as possible.

I opened the door to a warm gust blowing my way, pushing back the cold as I stepped foot into a dimly lit restaurant. It was clear that this place was nice, with the low lighting and the light sounds of conversation and overlaying music. I felt myself relaxing at the sight, the area just feeling calming.

"Ms. Persephone?" I turned quickly to see a younger girl, her voice sounding a bit cautious and nervous. The girl's hair was pulled into a light ponytail though the shorter pieces seemed to slip out, hanging around and framing her face nicely. "Is that you?"

I nodded, feeling my face turn to one of confusion. "Yes..." The girl nodded, promptly gaining a professional smile as she stepped out from behind the small desk.

"Great! I'll be taking you to your table then, please follow me." I hesitated for a moment on following the girl, but decided to go anyway, allowing her to guide me through the restaurant as I passed by many fancy looking people, their smiles looking glamorous in the light, the smell of spices were heavy in the air, though I couldn't complain.

She eventually led us into a quieter part of the restaurant, a place where the talking wasn't quite as prominent, and the music was a bit louder. I looked around a bit before my eyes caught Bruce, his eyes faced in the direction of a menu that was held out before him. He was also well dressed, and I'm sure if he had been sat out there, I would've mistaken him for another one of the crowd. His hair was slicked back perfectly, almost too perfectly, and he wore a nice suit to accompany it.

He seemed to peak up almost instantly as we took a few more steps closer, the signs of alertness clear on his features before disappearing instantly, a smile crossing his face as he stood up, greeting us.

"Percy" He nodded once, and I could see a small look of playing it cool, his eyes briefly glancing over to the girl. I nodded once, both in greeting and in acknowledgement. "Thank you, Ms. Lora," The woman paused, before realizing she'd stopped as she let out an awkward laugh before walking off quickly. I allowed my smile to grow on my face as the both of us relaxed. Bruce walked forwards wrapping me in a short hug. "I'm glad to see you made it. You look great." He said quickly.

I stepped back from the hug. "Thank you, though I can't say I look much nicer than you." Bruce shook his head.

"You are ever humble I see." I rolled my eyes as I took my seat across from Bruce. As we sat down and got comfortable, I tried my best to scan over the menu, the words and letters seeming to reorganize themselves at random, almost mocking me as I tried to strain my eyes to focus on the words. "So, how was your day off?" I looked up to see Bruce with a content look, his hands rung together and set out on the table in front of him.