16th Chapter

"Sultanım, His Majesty is asking for Prince Murad to go with him on a vacation," Sümbül Ağa has said as he entered my chambers.

"What vacation?" I asked surprised. I had no idea about anything like that and I didn't know why he would want to bring Murad who is so young and shouldn't go anywhere.

"He is taking Mahidevran Sultan and Şehzades Mustafa, Mehmed and Murad in Edirne with himself," Sumbul said and I saw he is kinda scared of my reaction when he mentioned Mahidevran. Suleiman's plan was absurd to me. I knew he did this just to make me regret for being cold towards him, but I wouldn't let him take Murad which is still so young to travel anywhere. Even if I would have gone I wouldn't allow Murad to go since he is young and his place is here in the palace.

"No, tell to Sultan I don't allow Murad to go anywhere. When he grows up, he can go with them. And wish him a beautiful journey with Mahidevran," I said in a mocking tone. I knew he did this on purpose otherwise he wouldn't even call for Mahidevran anywhere. He wanted to make Hürrem and me jealous, and I knew Hürrem is ready to make a scandal, but I wouldn't make any problems. This only showed he was hurt by my actions and he was hurt because he loves me, if I wouldn't mean anything to him he wouldn't care about me.

"Sultanim, how can I say that to His Majesty?" Sumbul was afraid of Suleiman's reaction and of course he was, but I didn't care about that. I dismissed him and he needed to make sure to tell him exactly what I said to him.

"Cihan tell the aghas to prepare the carriage. I am going to visit Hatice Sultan in her palace," I said and I got ready to go there. Sumbul hasn't returned and I knew Suleiman wouldn't beg for Murad to come with them because he obviously still had his senses and knew so little child can't travel so far alone.

I left my chambers and walked through the Harem where I saw Mahidevran standing with her son Mustafa proudly, but there was also Mehmed with them who was few years elder than my son Murad so Hürrem didn't have a real reason to not let him go.

"Dilruba, I know it has hurted you so much that you aren't invited to this vacation. Sultan decided to call only his first consort, he knows who is most precious to him," she said in a mocking tone and exactly at that moment Hürrem walked to check up on Mehmed and I saw her eyes are red from crying. She walked closer and patted Mehmed's head while explaining something to the maid which went with them.

"You still don't know Mahidevran you are invited on this vacation because Sultan wanted to make Hürrem and me jealous? Otherwise he would never call for you," I said to her making sure the children weren't listening. Hürrem gave me a smile which was weak because I knew she was feeling horrible and only pregnancy saved her from being banished.

"You do not want to believe that you aren't invited, you make up excuses because you don't want to believe Sultan realised who is the best woman for him," Mahidevran said obviously thinking on herself on what I laughed and Hürrem did too