13th Chapter

Exactly one week has passed since Suleiman has banished me to the Old Palace, and this week was worst week that happened in my life. Only person I wanted to see was my son Murad and no one else. Everyone else disappointed me and I didn't even want to see anyone else of them in my life again.

If I was questioned now if I would love to see Suleiman, no matter how much I love him my answer would be a big no. Man who I loved more than anything in my world believed everyone else and thought I killed a concubine. He didn't even want to listen to what I have to tell and showed no respect to me.

Obviously those last year and half I have been in his palace his love wasn't even real when he betrayed me so easily without even caring for my emotions or not even caring about leaving our son alone.

Saliha and Cihan came with me and as they told me Valide Sultan would take care of Murad. I couldn't stand this distance so far away from my son who was the only one I had.

All I could do was to sit nervous in my chambers hoping they would find the real truth and allow me to visit my son. Not even I hoped to return to the Palace as that wasn't important to me anymore, what was important was my son who was so young and now he is alone in that Palace.

"Sultanim, you can't just sit here doing nothing. Give me the order and I will go right now in the Palace and revenge you. I am ready to do whatever is needed for Hurrem to regret she did this for you," Saliha said out of nowhere and I don't know how could this even come to her mind.

"Don't talk nonsenses, you won't do anything," I said to her trying to stop her even from thinking that. I would never want my maids do a failure on their own and later everyone blames me because they are serving me. I would never allow it and because of that I could only have maids I trust close to me and I still didn't know how much I trust them. Cihan was always with Murad and I had complete trust in her, but my trust in Saliha wasn't so big yet.

 Cihan was always with Murad and I had complete trust in her, but my trust in Saliha wasn't so big yet

"But Sultana it's obvious Hurrem Sultana did it and put all the blame on you to get rid of you. And you now won't do anything bad to her? You should hurt her now where it hurts her the most," Saliha said or better to say she was forcing me to do something.

"Leave my chambers and don't come back inside if you will have plans like that. I swear that I will never allow anyone to be hurt," I said and she left my chambers even though she didn't want to.

"Sultana, there is something I wish to say to you for all this time, but Saliha is always somewhere around so I can't," Cihan, who was shy and young girl said to me quietly as she was obviously very afraid of Saliha who was her totally opposite.

"Come closer, tell me," I said to her and showed to sit next to me.

"That night, when the murder happened. Prince Murad started to cry, I woken up and went to hold him in my arms so he could sleep better, but Saliha was no where there," Cihan said as she was really afraid to tell the whole story.

"Later I went to sleep, and I heard Saliha coming inside and putting something in your box, I didn't know what was it, but I think it was the knife," Cihan continued.

"In my box, exactly where they have found it," I said and now I realised that Saliha had her fingers in it and she did it either on Hurrem's wish or on her own, as she heard the conversation between Layla, Hurrem and me as she was there, but I don't think she would dare to do it alone.

"Call Saliha right now," I said and Cihan left and in less than a minute she returned to my chambers together with Saliha.

Saliha seemed confused why I invited her back when I literally escorted her five minutes ago. I could never believe one of my closest maids would do this to me. But that's what they say, the ones you suspicious the least will be your worst enemies.

"Sultanim, you changed your mind about my idea?" Saliha asked me trying to act like everything is normal but I knew I couldn't look at her for any more time close to me or close to my son.

"I have changed idea what will be with your fate after your betrayal," I said and she looked at me weird as she pretended to be shocked at my words.

"What betrayal?" She asked me acting like she is stupid, but she obviously was when she did it and didn't even realise Cihan saw her doing that.

"How you killed Layla Hatun and put the knife in my box," I yelled on her for the first time and she looked like she swallowed a dumpling.

"I did not..." She started telling but I signalised to her with my hand to shut up.

"You will tell me right now what has happened or I won't have mercy telling to Sultan who did it," I said and she had so much of fear in her eyes.

"Sultanim, it's not my fault," she said and went down on her knees in front of me begging me for forgivness.

"Tell me who ordered you to do it," I yelled on her.

"Hurrem Sultan, she blackmailed me. She said she would kill my little sister Nafise if I wouldn't do it and hide the knife in your chambers. I am so sorry Sultana," she said and tried to kiss my robe and beg for forgiveness, but I didn't let her.

"Cihan Hatun, you will call my brother Ibrahim Pasha who will take Saliha and she will tell in Palace everything she knows," I said.