9th Chapter

"Dilruba Hatun! Hurrem Sultan is giving birth, you should go there as everyone will gather in front of her chambers," Saliha said to me as I only shared a wall with Hurrem and could hear her screaming for the last hour and I didn't want to go there because knowing man I love will have children with another woman was still hurting me. But I knew he was with her before he was with me and he didn't take any concubine after he had me made me bit relaxed.

"I don't wanna go there," I said and looked at another side. Suleiman was still in his campagin and he probably wouldn't return when I also give birth to our first child which was supposed to be every moment as I was in the last trimester of my pregnancy.

"Everyone will talk about you if you don't go there, please," Saliha said and I listened to her and left my chambers and went in front of hers.

Valide Sultan, Hatice, Mahidevran and Gulfem were already there. Everyone seemed to be happy except for Mahidevran and I knew exactly how she feels because I felt the same way as her.

I was standing there nervously together with everyone else but to me it didn't matter if she had a boy or a girl because I still didn't know what gender my baby was and while Suleiman was alive it wasn't important who has a prince and which one is the eldest. And Mahidevran and Hurrem many times liked to argue which one of their sons will ascend the throne like Suleiman is not here and that made me angry all the time. Most important out of all was that the child is healthy.

Mahidevran was swearing Hurrem for the whole time and for I don't know which time already said how Hurrem destroyed her life and I wasn't here for a long time but I couldn't listen to her anymore

Mahidevran was swearing Hurrem for the whole time and for I don't know which time already said how Hurrem destroyed her life and I wasn't here for a long time but I couldn't listen to her anymore. She was alone wrong for losing Suleiman. And instead of fighting for him now she is happy that I took Suleiman from Hurrem and I couldn't imagine what has to be with her when she would rather Hurrem to be unhappy than herself to be happy.

Doors of Hurrem's chambers opened and all of us stayed at the doors waiting for the ceremony of naming baby and to find out the baby's gender. Valide Sultana entered in her chambers while all of us were outside waiting for answer.

 Valide Sultana entered in her chambers while all of us were outside waiting for answer

"It's a girl," nurse said and Valide went to take baby in her hands. All the girls in the Harem together with Mahidevran sighed from relief as they couldn't imagine what would happen if Hurrem was mother of two princes.

"No, this is not my children, give me my son!" Hurrem yelled and I couldn't believe how she could say it. It was a girl she gave birth literally five minutes ago and she already thinks someone did it on purpose to her like she couldn't accept she's having a girl.

"Beuatiful moon faced girl is born, I will name her Mihrimah," Valide said and repeated three times in ear of the baby.

Mahidevran seemed to be so happy for the whole time like it meant so much to her because she didn't want any prince more. Now when Hurrem didn't give birth to a son Mahidevran will probably pray for me to give birth to a daughter also.

"I don't even want to see her," Hurrem yelled as Valide wanted to give her the child, but Hurrem wouldn't even want to do it.

I knew I couldn't stay silent about this because how much Hurrem hated me this child didn't deserve to be treated this way and Hurrem obviously needed someone to tell her the real truth.

"Hurrem, look at Mihrimah, it's your beautiful daughter why don't you want her?" I asked her and Valide smiled when I entered even though she was really disappointed in Hurrem and her acts.

"Because I gave birth to a son! They changed the baby because they knew if I give birth to one more son no one could stand on my way," Hurrem yelled but for real she was even more crying and was upset. I felt sorry for her and for the baby.

"You gave birth to Mihrimah and she is beautiful. She looks just like you, don't you keep her away from your attention. Just the way you love Mehmed you will love her also," I said and sat on the corner of her bed when Valide left the chambers and left us two alone.

"But now they will treat me like I am not capable enough for giving birth to a daughter," Hurrem said and started to cry.

"No one will think that especially Suleiman, he will love the child no matter what. Valide Sultan has four daughters and there is nothing bad about it. Your daughter will be free from the battle for the throne and law of fracticide don't you think about that," I said that and took her hand into mine.

"Why are you this good to me Dilruba after I was so bad to you?" She asked me.

"Because I don't think we should be enemies because of a man who can and must have more women,we are both women who love him and fight won't help is in anything. And Mihrimah is the most beautiful Sultana our dynasty will see and you shouldn't cry now," I said and she smiled to me with a bit of hope.

As I left her chambers Mahidevran awaited for me and she was probably listening to what we were talking about for the whole time.

"You are good in lies, Dilruba," Mahidevran said and laughing to me not even trying to hide she is happy Hurrem gave birth to a daughter.

"I am not laying, whatever I said to Hurrem is truth. I am not like you to hate her and be happy now because a girl is born," I said to her and she again just laughed at my words.

"I am happy because a girl is born, because that means less threat to my Mustafa," Mahidevran said with a smile.

"Maybe she gave birth to a girl, but you weren't invited any time yet to Sultan. Probably you won't even have a girl anymore," I said to her and realised immediately how hard my words were but she deserves it with her attitude.

"What other children mean to me after I have my lion Mustafa who is heir to the throne and who will be always supported by Ibrahim Pasha?" Mahidevran said trying to hide how much I hurted her with my words

"You think Ibrahim Pasha will support your son, and not his sister's son if I give birth to one?" I said and smiled while leaving.